Chapter 13: Friends

3rd POV

------------

Taehyung sat at his desk, trying to finish his work.

He had some assignments from the previous night that he couldn't complete as he was too busy with someone else's homework. He managed to finish theirs, but had yet to complete his own work and decided to take this break time to do it.

He stopped when he suddenly felt something wet on his cheek. He quickly wiped it off and saw that it was a spitball. He frowned in disgust. A few laughs and giggles were heard from across the room.

Taehyung closed his eyes and ignored it, he didn't feel like fighting. Not even a minute later, another spitball landed on his face.

Taehyung held a strong grip on his pencil as he grits his teeth from anger. Another spitball was thrown at him.

"Yah." Taehyung stood up.

Everyone that laughed quickly stopped. The bullies stood up from their seats and came up to him. They were quick to stare him down.

"What? Is something bothering you, princess?"

The whole class laughed at the nickname he was given. Taehyung bites his lip. He wanted to cry, but he also wanted to yell at them and curse at them. Yet all Taehyung could do was to sit back down.

"That's what I thought." One of his bullies said as he pushed away his head before they all sat back in their seats.

They kept hitting him with spitballs and Taehyung only endured the disgust and humiliation.

Taehyung tried his very best to ignore them and finished his work. After finishing, he placed his head down and waited for the teacher to come back.

When the break ended and the teacher came, Taehyung was finally left alone. At least until lunch.

*******

Taehyung sat alone to eat his homemade lunch. He stared out at the window and thought of Y/n. She was very calm and collected. Very nice and cool. Very pretty.

'Maybe we could be friends...' He thought.

In reality, Taehyung wanted to see her again. She was the first person to help him get away from his bullies. She was the first person, since his bullying started, to be nice to him. She didn't ask questions, she just helped, and she didn't ask for anything back.

'At least not yet...' He thought for a second before shaking his head. His head was playing tricks on him again, making him doubt everything.

Y/n didn't seem like that kind of person, but then again, he's only met her once. And people aren't always what they seem, Taehyung has learned that.

But there was something about her that just felt different.

His cheeks felt hot just from thinking about her.

Taehyung suddenly flinched as a cold liquid was dropped on his head. He turned in the direction of the laughing and saw his bullies, one of them holding an opened milk carton.