Chapter 22: To be or not to be

3rd POV
-------------

Y/n became a tutor for Namjoon. She would teach him Math, English, biology, and any other subject that he would hit a wall on.

Namjoon could admit that Y/n was a very good teacher, but he wouldn't admit that he sometimes purposely gets the wrong answer only to have her explain it again.

Her handwriting was pretty, her voice was pretty, her hands were pretty: her eyes, her skin, her hair, her lips--

'Aish! Snap out of it, fool!' Namjoon thought to himself.

"Are you ok?" Y/n asked, getting his attention again.

Namjoon cleared his throat and nodded. Once Y/n saw that he was back on board, she went back to finish her example problem.

Namjoon looked at his watch to see the time. It was 5:52.

"Hey, are you hungry?" Namjoon asked her.

Y/n looked at him in confusion.

"But we're not done." She said.

Namjoon found it weird that she said that. She was always the one that wanted to leave first, but it seemed that the roles had changed.

"We can come back, or finish it somewhere else. I didn't have time to eat today." Namjoon said.

Y/n smiled and closed the book. They picked up their things and went off.

They went to a bbq place. Namjoon cooked the meat and served it to Y/n. Namjoon noticed that they were being stared at by other customers. Namjoon didn't pay any mind to them as Y/n didn't even notice them.

"Namjoon-ah, do you know of the famous quote 'to be or not to be'?" She asked.

Namjoon looked up from his food to answer her.

"A quote from Shakespeare, right?" He said.

Namjoon was fully ready for an extra English lesson. With Y/n, learning was more fun and exciting.

"Correct. In his story 'Hamlet,' Where prince Hamlet said that famous quote. Do you know what it means?" She asked.

Namjoon shook his head, waiting for the answer.

"Is means 'to live or not to live.'" Y/n said. "When Hamlet's father was killed, his mother married his uncle. Hamlet was depressed but wasn't able to do anything as his uncle was now the king." She explained.

"So he was depressed because his father died and her mother remarried his uncle and wanted to die?" Namjoon asked.

He understood that it was weird, but he felt that death was a bit too extreme of a decision.

"Well, his uncle killed his father. But not only that, Hamlet wasn't allowed to express grief and sadness as he was shamed for it. When he found out the truth about his father's death, he was angry, mostly because he wouldn't do anything. The ghost of his father appeared and told Hamlet to avenge him." Y/n explained.

Namjoon placed more food on Y/n's plate as he listened to Hamlet's story.

"His father could only be avenged by killing his killer, but Hamlet didn't feel too good about taking a life. He couldn't have control of his own life and he didn't have the guts to stand up to his mother and uncle at the beginning. So he wondered; Should I keep fighting? Or would it be better to end my suffering?"