Chapter One

Elenora Thorn glanced down as her phone vibrated angrily. She smirked when sliding her finger across the screen to answer.

"My my, suckered again?" her tone smug. The snarl that answered her had her hiding her giggles.

"Stop laughing Nora, I will bite you!" the male voice threatened. She grinned; he would come through on his threat as he had done many times, but this was all too amusing.

"Come on, Spicemix, no need to be grouchy." She could picture him scowling at her words.

"Grouchy? GROUCHY?! I have had my cheeks pinched! Hair tussled and I think one of the mothers grabbed my ass!" she snorted. Hand covering her mouth quickly. A growl had her pulling her phone away so she could try to catch her breath. "Elenora Olivia-May Thorn, I will bite you!"

"I didn't do anything!" she retorted. The last time he had bitten her, her mother had given her an hour-long conversation about safe sex, with demonstrations. She shuddered at the horrible memory burned into her brain.

"Bas ditched me!" Sage whined. Rolling her eyes, she fought a smile.

"Poor wittle Sage."

"I'm bigger than you." He replied cockily. He was taller than her and had filled out over the year as he worked on his solider rank.

"So is Grey." She shrugged, unfazed.

"Nora..." he whined, it caught her off guard, she had no snarky comeback and being friends with Sage you had to be quick.

"Fine, tell your mum I need help moving the couch." She sighed, knowing that meant she now had to feed the bottomless pit of a healthy young dominant male.

"Here?" Sage asked as he placed the chair down, careful not to scratch the floors. He had learned once that Melissa Thorn was a woman like his mother and could make any male quake in their boots.

"Lovely, Thank you Sage." Melissa walked up, cupping the young male's cheek, stroking gently with her thumb. The young man grinned at her with all charm. "You will make a lady happy one day."

Nora pretended to throw up, both heads turning to her.

"Mum, I just had lunch." She complained, earning a scowl from her mother and a playful growl from her childhood friend.

"Well make sure you offer Sage something, I will be home late tonight."

"Sure, love you." Nora smiled at her mother, offering her cheek quickly for the affection she loved. As her mother left, she turned to Sage watching her closely, his arms folded as he casually leaned against the wall.

"Don't dent the wall, doofus." She pointed her finger his way. He scowled again at her.

"After all I have done for you today." He complained. Rolling her eyes, she walked into the kitchen, throwing together a few chicken rolls with a few chip packets. Walking back into the living room, the plate had been quickly snatched from her hands as had the chip packets. Sage sat down on the couch, leaving her the spot she loved sitting in. He looked up at her, mouth full of the roll and grinned, wiggling his brows in a silent challenge. Rolling her eyes, she sat down, shoving him with a growl. He laughed, swallowing the bite he had.

"This won't end well for you, Elenora." He tapped her nose, causing her face to scrunch up. She stuck her tongue out in childlike defiance and turned her attention to the tv, settling into her spot. Sages arm draped over the back of the couch, the warmth familiar and comforting.