Page 08

CHAPTER EIGHT.

-

It's been a few hours, and no one had found Mirabel.

You were still unconscious in Camilo's arms.

"So, what you're telling me is that Mirabel and Señora Alma had a huge fight, which caused Casita to collapse?" Catalina asked. Camilo nodded, "Basically, yeah." he replied.

Catalina was holding a sleeping Sebastían in her arms, slowly rocking the boy from side to side.

"What kind of shenanigans has Y/N been through these past few days?" Catalina asked. Camilo shrugged, "The only thing they told me was about finding Bruno's vision."

Catalina nodded, "I've heard about him from other people in town before but who even is Bruno?" she asked again.

"He's my uncle. He's been missing for ten years." Catalina's mouth shaped into an 'o'.

"Why did he go missing?" Camilo wiped away the splotch of dirt on your face before replying, "Well, he was sort of.. exiled? By the townspeople and.. I guess Abuela."

Catalina raised an eyebrow, "I don't know much about him though." Camilo sighed. He ran his hand through your hair, brushing it.

Your right eye slightly opened, your consciousness came back, causing the human chameleon to jolt back. "What?" Catalina asked the boy who suddenly freaked out.

Once everything got back to Camilo's head, he tightly hugged you. "Y/N! You're awake!" You shakily hugged back. He pulled away from the hug, "What even happened..?" you asked.

You looked around, noticing everything was broken down and had collapsed. You suddenly remembered everything. "You were climbing on the ladder Mirabel used to get the candle but you lost balance and fell..." Camilo explained.

"Oh.. I thought that was all a dream." You muttered.

"What?" You looked at Camilo, "You know.." you raised your arms. "Oh.. right." You laid your head on Camilo's lap, sighing.

Just when you were about to relax, realization came back to you. You got up again, "Wait.. where's Mirabel?" You looked around, trying to find your best friend, but you couldn't.

"Oh yeah.. she's missing. No one found her yet." You frowned, nodding.

-

The sun had already risen.

Camilo had fallen asleep, using your lap as a pillow.

"Hey kids, do you wanna eat? Some of the people in town brought empanadas, arepas, and fruit bowls." Pepa said, carrying bowls of snacks. Isabela was with her, plates in her hands.

"Sí, por favor! (Yes please!)" You said. Isabela gave you and Catalina plates. "We'll leave the food here if you wanna get more." You nodded.

Pepa walked away, presumably to help the townspeople bring more food and other essentials.

"Can I sit here for a bit?" Isabela asked your sister. She blushed, "O-oh, of course!" Isabela smiled, sitting next to Catalina. Wait.. oh? I guess someone has a little crush. You thought, smirking at the two.

"So.." You started, "How did you and Mirabel get to talk after what happened at dinner?" you asked. Isabela sighed, "I don't know, really. We were arguing and then it just.. happened." You nodded.