Page 14

CHAPTER FOURTEEN.

-

The insecurity Camilo has felt has eaten him away until there was nothing left of his dead personality. His true self has finally shown itself.

Camilo doesn't like it. He desperately wanted to believe that this was not his true self, just a mere reflection of himself.

That's right, a reflection.

This was all just a reflection of his mistakes. A reflection that has drove him into mere insanity. The one that drove him away from his closest loved ones.

From you.

-

"It's a pleasure having you all here with us, right, Mariano?" Señora Guzman nudged her nervous son on the shoulder. He exhaled deeply, "Sí, Mama! Quite a pleasure.."

You gazed in curiosity, but your eyes cannot leave Camilo who was sitting at the opposite side of the table to where you sat.

You've actually never been into the Guzman household before. Their house was quite beautiful, actually. The Guzmans really do have good taste in things.

Although you could continue admiring their house, your focus stayed on Camilo, who was trying so hard not to make eye contact with you.

You swallowed down a nervous lump in your throat.

You continuously picked at your food, not actually eating it, until Mirabel pointed it out. "Y/N, stop playing with your food. You're just like Camilo."

Camilo flinched at the call of his name, he looked at you and Mirabel for a split second.

You could see he was extremely tired. Poor guy.. You almost tear up at the sight of his sore eyes.

You desperately want to talk to him, so you devised a plan. You will confront him after dinner.

But first..

"Dolores." Mariano stood abruptly. Dolores looked at him with a tad bit concern in her eyes, until he went down on one knee in front of her.

Shock filled her eyes.

Mariano held a whole speech for Dolores (Which I'm too lazy to do), and finally asked, "Will you marry me, Dolores?"

Everyone was anticipating for her response.

You see her hesitance, but she knew how much she loved Mariano, her red and sweaty face said it all.

"Yes, I'd love to marry you!"

They engulfed each other into a tight and loving embrace, and everyone was cheering quietly (knowing Dolores' sensitive hearing).

You were very excited until you saw Camilo. He was still sitting down and held a tiny smile on his face. That was until he finally made eye contact with you.

He did nothing but stare, wide-eyed, into your worried ones.

You opened your mouth to say something but once you did, he ran out of the room. You had no idea if you should chase after him or not.