Page 12

CHAPTER TWELVE.

-

Ugh, when is my shift over? You huffed, sitting down on a stool. You were running your mother's stand while she was running errands.

You pouted your lips, "This is so boring! Just sitting here all day!" you screamed, earning stares from some of the townspeople.

"Hey Cariño!" you heard a certain shapeshifter say as he trotted towards the stand. "Hey Milo.." you greeted back, tiredly tilting your head to look up at him.

"Are you feeling better now?" He asked. You nodded, "I'm fine now." you said as you gave him a small smile.

The shapeshifter hummed. "That's great!" He gave you a grin. Your cheeks were tinted pink.

"A-anyways, do you need to buy something?" You asked. "Ay, no! I just came here to give you this.." He said, pulling out a yellow San Joaquin flower from his pockets.

Your eyes widened, "Oh- Oh? Well, thanks I guess.." you blushed, taking the flower from his hand.

"You seemed down so I wanted to give you this to lighten your mood a bit." The boy mumbled. You smiled, "How sweet of you, Milo." you softly replied.

You could see the shapeshifter's cheeks turn a bright red.

He nervously chuckled, "W-well, it's- uh- no big deal, re-really.." he stumbled around with his words.

You giggled, tucking the flower behind your ear to make it a hair accessory.

Camilo seemed mesmerized as his eyes were widened, only staring at your face. "Uh, hey Camilo? You okay there?" You asked, squinting your eyes as you looked at the boy with concern.

He then flinched, accidentally shapeshifting into you.

"¡Díos mio! Cami, are you alright?" You asked, holding back your laughter. "Oh- Me? S-Sí, I'm good." He said, giving you a thumbs up while shifting back into original form.

You skeptically nodded.

"Uh- Anyways, I also wanted to ask if you're on break right now..?" The chameleon asked. You hummed, "I guess I am since nobody is here.. except you, I guess." you said, pointing at the chameleon while saying the last sentence.

"Why do you ask?" You then asked. "Oh, I was just wondering if I could hang out with you." Camilo said, scratching the back of his neck.

Your face went blank, eyes staring into Camilo's green ones.

He noticed your staring, "Uhm.. Y/N? Is everything okay?" he asked, snapping you out of your trance.

"Oh- Lo siento, (I'm sorry,) I just blacked out." You apologized, "But sure! I can spare some of my time to hang out." you said, pulling out a pocket-watch inside your pocket.

The small clock read '12:34pm'. "Well, if you don't mind.." Camilo formally held out a hand for you to take. You grabbed it, "Course not." you giggled as he led you out of the stand.

Why's he acting so romantic today? You mentally asked yourself, following the boy into the woods.

"Hey, Milo? What are we doing in the woods?" You asked, looking around to see nothing but trees. "We're in the woods to reminisce." He replied.

𝐚 𝐝𝐢𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 - 𝗖𝗮𝗺𝗶𝗹𝗼 𝘅 𝗥𝗲𝗮𝗱𝗲𝗿जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें