Chapter 1

It started out like any other day at Françoise Dupont High School. Marinette running a bit late, stumbling over her words around Adrien, Ladybug and Chat Noir defeating an akuma. Normal stuff.

But, a brown haired girl was watching Marinette with the most hate in her eyes since the faithful day that they had first met. Lila despised Marinette with a burning passion for seemingly having a great life. If only it could be ripped away from her. If only Marinette where to disappear...

The bell suddenly rang for class, cutting off Lila's thoughts and Alya's enthusiasm about how the fight went that morning, especially since Rena Rouge was there.

~~~

The class started off with the complement pairs. Lila and Rose's names where drawn from the hat by Ms. Bustier. Lila put on her sickly sweet smile and said, "Oh, Rose! Your hair looks great today!" She inwardly cringed at saying this but Rose seemed to believe it quite easily. Rose gave a quick complement about Lila's skin.

Marinette and Chloe's names where then drawn from the hat. Marinette inwardly sighed at that. She came up with the most truthful complement she could. "Your make-up looks good today Chloe." Chloe felt a bit of pride at hearing that. "Your necklace isn't too bad either Dupain-Cheng." It was obvious even though these two didn't have the best chemistry that they where being truthful.

All through class Lila couldn't help but feel mad about that. How could CHLOE who hated Marinette give her a complement but forget Lila's name! She was still salty about that after months. These sort of thoughts continued all the while up until it was the end of class.

~~~

At lunch, Lila noticed Marinette heading into the locker room. Lila slithered in behind her, with a plan, a dumb one, but it was a plan to say the least. Adrien noticed this, a bit worried he asked Plagg, "Could you keep an eye on them? Lila's definitely up to something." Plagg agreed, having an uneasy feeling about it as well. He was quite fond of this Ladybug. She treated Cheesecake well and even gave him cheese once!

"Marinette. Didn't you remember my little warning?" Lila growled, glaring over at Marinette. "I'm sorry, but I don't take warnings from a snake." Marinette retorted back. "Well, since I'm nice, I'll give you another warning. Let's just say that the consequences won't be as light as just being expelled though..." Lila smirked. "It'll be more permanent." Marinette watched Lila warily, her  knowing that she most likely couldn't do anything, but she still needed to watch out for her.

Plagg, who had been watching from nearby, darted back to Adrien as Lila pranced out of the room. The bell rang, though, for the next class before he could say anything. Adrien did notice the concern on the kwami's face. Once they reached class, he did also notice that Lila and Marinette had a good bit more tension than before.

~~~

School finally ended for the day and on the way home, Tikki decided to have a chat with Marinette. "I think that Lila was being serious with those threats... You really should be careful Marinette." The little creature worriedly looked up at her holder. "I will be, Tikki. Don't worry." The secret heroine reassured, giving the kwami a cookie.

Once Adrien arrived in his bedroom, Plagg flew out of his pocket. "You where right. That girl is like moldy cheese! So bad even I wouldn't eat it!" Adrien sighed at Plagg's wording. "Can you tell me what even happened?" He asked, a bit irritated that Plagg gave such vague wordings at times. "Well, she basically said about a warning from the last time, though it seemed like a threat. Also that instead of expulsion, it would be something more permanent..." Adrien nodded, thinking. "I'll just have to protect her. I won't let Lila do anything to Marinette."

~~~

He seriously still calls her just a friend even after all of this... Seriously, Adrien... How dense are you at times? Anyways, hope you enjoyed this first chapter! Bye!