Chapter 10

This chapter will contain Cyber Bullying and verbal bullying!

___________________

Marinette's eyes fluttered open as the morning rays of light entered her bedroom aided by the alarm clock going off. She got up and started preparing herself for the day ahead as Tikki followed her around. Marinette gave a cookie to the kwami, knowing that she'd be hungry for breakfast.

"You should also get something to eat, Marinette... I only just about convinced you to have that sandwich last night!" Tikki reminded, worry in her wide eyes for her holder.

"Fine, I'll grab a croissant on my way out to school." Marinette sighed, knowing that the kwami wouldn't stop pestering her till she ate.

Marinette headed down the stairs, stopping to get some chicken from the kitchen. She then headed down to where her father was rolling out dough while her mother mixed ingredients together, letting out a pleasant aroma.

 "Morning, Maman, Papa!" Marinette called out cheerfully. They then responded with morning greetings of their own. Marinette grabbed a croissant from the previous day's unsold batch before grabbing her bag to head out the door.

She stopped off by the alleyway on the way to school, giving the kitten some chicken and a few pets for a while. The kitten let out happy little purrs while rubbing up against Marinette's legs, grateful for the meal she had provided. He let out a few mews of protest when Marinette got up.

"I'll come back soon, don't worry little chatton." Marinette reassured, scratching the kitten on the cheek. He seemed satisfied with that, going into a loaf while watching the teenager leave.

Feeling energetic, Marinette decided to jog to school. She arrived quite quickly, which was normal, considering that the alley was, quite literally, just over the road from Francois Dupont. She headed up the stairs, stopping by the locker room to get books. Marinette heard footsteps approach from behind.

"You're here early. I thought you would avoid this place now that everyone hates you." Lila sneered. Marinette turned around, a lump in her throat, but retorted, "You're over estimating yourself. I've still got my true friends. The rest of the school won't fall for your lies either."

Lila's eyes narrowed, furious that Marinette still had the cheek to back talk to her. "I just wanted to tell you, there's no mercy now. Also, quick reminder that you're completely useless. Why else would your class dump you for someone more impressive?" With that, she left, leaving Marinette shook and doubting herself.

After a few seconds, when the coast was clear, Tikki popped out from Marinette's purse. "Don't listen to her! She's just jealous. Besides, you've got way more skills and connections than her!"

Marinette looked at the mini god with appreciation, trying to force herself to believe what she'd said. "Thanks, you're always there for me Tikki." She gave the Kwami a cheek hug before finishing putting the books in her bag, heading out to find where her friends where.

The bluenette spotted them on one of the green benches that where placed around the courtyard. Alya spotted her and waved up in the air. "You're earlier than usual! Better than being late though." She teased, reminding Marinette of back when she was constantly late.

Marinette grinned. "I've fixed my routine so I should be able to come on time most of the time!" The group chatted for the next while till the bell went for class. Sighing, Marinette went to her base classroom where Mme. Bustier would arrive soon.

The class went surprisingly smoothly, apart from a bundle of paper being thrown at Marinette. Alya grabbed it and threw it back before her friend could see what was written on the paper.  The bluenette flashed her an appreciative smile, whispering a thanks.

After homeroom and French the bell rang for lunch. The group went over to the canteen and got lunch. The lunch lady on that day was one of the nicer ones so they got a bit extra of the meal. The group sat at one of the round tables to eat. Just then, Marinette's phone dinged. She pressed on the message, her throat tightening when she looked at the messages that had started being sent.

"Marinette..? You alright?" Adrien inquired, noticing her expression and the sudden silence. There was no response, with Marinette just staring at the phone. Nino tried as well to get a response, but Marinette remained quiet.

Alya, getting worried, tapped Marinette. Just then she realized that her eyes where glassy. "Marinette, what's on your phone?" She asked. No response. She gently took the phone out of her hands, looking to see what had affected Marinette so much. What she saw made her sick to her stomach. Her anger only grew as she saw more.

'Idiot'

'Bully' 

'Fat'

'Ugly'

'You'll loose everyone.'

'Go Kill yourself. Nobody will care.'

There was many other messages along those lines, some of them cursing the innocent girl out. Alya just handed the phone over to Adrien and Nino to show them before wrapping Marinette in a large hug. "Don't listen to what those messages said! You're amazing and don't deserve any of them. I know I care about you" Marinette just let out a small nod, still seeming out of it.

"Should we delete the messages?" Adrien asked, not sure how to deal with everything having not encountered a situation like this before. "Take pictures of the messages on my phone and of the number and then block the number." Alya replied giving Nino her phone. "If it belongs to a classmate we can show this to Mme. Bustier or Mr. Damocles." Nino nodded, taking the pictures, with Adrien then blocking the number.

"We should probably bring Marinette back to her house, she needs somewhere safe to rest." Adrien suggested. "My bodyguard will probably be available. He's alright with Marinette, so he'd agree to drive us to her house." 

The others agreed, as Adrien messaged gorilla. After 5 minutes, Gorilla arrived outside. Alya managed to get Marinette to get up and go to the vehicle. Lila stood outside, watching them leave. She smirked and whispered,

"Phase 1: completed."

 1010 words!

Geez, that was a long one to write. I love Marinette but I need the angst!