Chapter 28: Beginning of Tour

You and Demi finish packing your bags and head out the door. You already said your goodbyes to Demi's parents and her sister. Demi was a little emotional, which you thought was really cute. You can't believe it's finally time for touring! The first show is in Detroit. There's a lot of days traveling and then a few days setting up and rehearsing. The tour will finally start in 5 days on November 16th. You're so excited and nervous, having never performed in front of a large audience.

"I'm so nervous." You tell Demi.

"Don't worry baby, I'll be right in stage with you. Just look at me when you start to worry."

"Do you get nervous?" You ask her.

"I used to. But now I get excited. I love touring and seeing my lovatics." She says back. "I'm sure your nerves will go away eventually. Just remember, you belong on stage. Pour every inch of your heart and soul into your performances and you will do fine." You're glad you have Demi here to give you advice. She's been on stage a hundred times.

"Yeah, I just don't want to mess up."

"Well, lovatics don't care if we mess up haha. But I'm positive you'll do fine!" She assures you.

"Well thanks." You say. Demi pulls into the parking lot. You see the tour busses parked on the street. Seeing them got you even more excited. This is a dream come true. You both get out the car and head into the building. You see Phil and the other band members sitting in the front row.

"Welcome back girls, how was your past few weeks?" Phil asks. You quickly realize that Phil and everyone else have no idea what you've been through in the last month. They don't know about your dad and all your problems. You don't reply to Phil, but Demi just says good! She turns to you and quietly asks,

"Do you want to tell him?" You think for a second.

"I think everyone should know." You say.

"Okay. I can talk to him." Before you can say anything else, Demi turns around and starts talking to Phil. She pulls him to the side to talk to him in private. You're glad Demi is willing to tell him. It's really hard for you to talk about it with anyone except Demi.

Demi comes back with Phil. He doesn't say anything. He just pulls you into a hug.

"You're very brave y/n. Stay strong." He whispers in your ear. You can feel tears fill your eyes. He pulls away but is quickly replaced with Demi. She wraps her arms around you holding you tight. You wipe your tears as Demi walks you to your seat.

"Phil said he will let the rest of the band know after this meeting, before we leave." You nod your head. Phil begins talking.

"Welcome back everyone! So, who's excited?" He asks. Everyone cheers loudly. "Today we will review some stuff and begin packing equipment. First off I'd like to say that the tour name is now 'A Special Night With Demi Lovato'" Phil continues talking about the show. He goes over the set list, stage effects, entrances, exits, just to refresh everyone's memory. He finally closes up his speech. "So, after I'm finished talking we can begin loading instruments and everything else. But before we do that I would like to speak to everyone one on one for just a minute. Okay, I believe that's everything. Let's go!" You imagine Phil requested to speak to everyone so he could tell them about you. While Phil begins speaking to the band members, you and Demi begin loading your guitar and the other instruments into the busses.

You and Demi are just talking and laughing when the band members slowly walk up to you. One of them motions you over. You grab Demi's hand and pull her with you. They all surround you and Demi in a big group hug. The hug lasts for while. "We're all so glad you're doing better y/n." one of them says.

"Thanks guys, me too."

Everyone finishes loading and Phil calls everyone to meet him by the busses.

"Thank you guys for your work loading everything! I don't know about you guys but I'm ready to start this tour." Everyone nods in excitement. "Girls will be in this bus," Phil says pointing to the first bus, "and guys will be in the other one. Everyone get some rest, we have a long drive up ahead." Phil dismisses everyone to their busses. You, Demi, and the three back up singers walk on to your bus. Inside is a small kitchen, kitchen table and a couch. In the back are four beds.

"I don't think Phil thought this out very well, there are only four beds but five of us." One of the singers says.

"Two people might have to share a bed." Another one says.

"Me and y/n can share." Demi says winking at you. You smile at her and wink back. The other girls look at you both funny but just let it go. The tour bus pulls on onto the street in route to Detroit, Michigan. You and Demi are on the couch while the other girls are in the back room.

"I can't believe this is happening." You say.

"Your first tour?" Demi asks.

"Everything. The tour. You. Life is good. I never though I would ever say that."

"It makes me so happy to hear you say that." Demi says with a big smile. She looks over to the back room to see if anyone is looking, then leans in and kisses you. You look up to see the bus driver looking at you two in his mirror. You quickly pull away blushing big time. Demi looks at you.

"What?" She giggles. You point up at the driver. Demi turns around and laughs. She puts her finger to her lips, telling him to not say anything. He gives a thumbs up.

"This sneaking around thing isn't really working out. We keep getting caught." You laugh. Demi laughs hard. Her laugh is so cute. You wish you could just tackle her right now and kiss her all over. You and Demi decide to get some sleep. The other girls are already in bed. Demi crawls into the bed first and you snuggle up next to her.

"Hopefully, they don't see us cuddling." She whispers in your ear.

"Eh, who cares." You say kissing her cheek. You understand that she is a celebrity and her personal life will always be public, but you wish she would at least open up to the band members.

"Yeah, I guess you're right." She says. "Goodnight baby girl." God, you love when she calls you that.

"Goodnight Demi." You say. You give her a goodnight kiss and cuddle up to her close. You lay in each others arm until you both eventually fall asleep.