31.

Until finally, after three full months after the disastrous incident that cost everyone so fucking much, Miss Alice cried too. 

‎ 

‎  

.............

‎ 

 - Sero Alice speaking... 

‎ 

Alice yawned, not fully understanding what the fuck was going on. 

‎ 

The last thing she remembered was heading back home from the hospital, and crying herself to sleep. Now, she was lying spread on the sofa with her head buried in a pile of clothes, the clock showing something around 1 a.m., and trying her best at answering a fucking phone like an adult she's pretending to be. 

‎‎  

- Miss Sero, Doctor Hayama here. I'd like you to come to the hospit...

Alice didn't need more than that. Screw the teddy bear-themed pyjamas, screw the crocs on her feet, and screw the world.

This lady has never driven as fast as right now. 

‎‎ 

‎  

🔥❄️🔥❄️🔥❄️🔥

‎  

- Aizawa Shouta, I'm currently unavailable due to my work, please leave your message after a beep or contact the Hero Agency under 123456789. Thank you. 

Beeeeep

‎ 

- Mister Aizawa, Doctor Hayama here. I'm calling to pass you the news about Sero Hanta...

‎ 

‎  

🔥❄️🔥❄️🔥❄️🔥

‎‎ 

‎ ‎ 

‎ ‎  

- Aha... Aha... Ah... Oh... Yes... On my way... Oh... Yes... I understand... Thank you. 

Enji put the phone back on the wall (yes, these do exist) and sat down for a moment to process what he has just heard. 

A couple of seconds, not more than that, just enough to calm his high-on-adrenalin old heart that he very much didn't want to get into a heart attack mode or some shit. He wiped sweat drops on his forehead and headed to Shouto's room, knocking delicately. 

‎ 

- Shouto... Oi, are you sleeping? 

He entered the room as quietly as he could, his heart mellowing at the sight of his son sleeping soundly in his old bed. How much did Enji miss having him around since the dorms system kicked in, he's had no idea!!! 

‎ 

- Ugh... aeos obh esobhpebha beb orb ...

- Shouto, it's me, your father. 

- fweogw go die agoeig w... 

-...

-...

- Shouto. - Enji tickled his son's foot, earning a strong kick from the barely conscious teen.