FIVE

5: TA LO

5: TA LO

THE SHAME, THE GUILT, AND THE EMBARRASSMENT was consuming Amara. How could she lose control like that? How could she left her friends get captured? How could she let that man take her down with some rings? Yes, she knew they weren't ordinary rings but she was the avatar. An avatar who still couldn't control herself. Who needed her crush/ best friend help her. At this rate, Amara felt like the worst avatar. How was she going to protect the people of Ta Lao when she couldn't even protect her two best friends. Tears welled up in her eyes as she looked out from her view in the helicopter.

Her hands and mouth were currently restrained as she was running it earlier. Maybe she could use her bending from her feet. It would have to be quick but she needed to see when was the best time. As they flew over the mountain thats when she saw her best friends previous home and the army that frightened Amara. The plane landed as the doors opened Shawn got out first, followed by his father, his sister, Katy and Amara lastly as the guards gripped onto her tight as they practically dragged her out. She stumbled on her feet as she quickly regained her balance. "My son is home!" They all bowed as Amara was astonished that these people would fight for him. "Take the girls to their room. Have the avatar follow close behind us."

Xialing and Katy glanced at Amara as she nodded her head softly to show she was going to be okay. They slowly walked away as Amara sighed. She hated being like this, helpless. They staggered as Shawn went into his room and Xu Wenwu turned to look at the avatar. "Take her bindings off, I don't think she is going to pull a stunt soon." They took everything off as he was right. Amara learned from her last lesson, she wasn't going to jump right in. She would punch that smirk off his face when it was time. "Thought so," he smirked as his guards and him walked away. Amara scoffed and followed into Shawn's room. She saw him touching a wooden pole in his room. It had a small in dent as she walked up to him.

"I punched so many times and so hard as I could my hands bled and the wood started to dent." Amara looked at him as he turned to look at her. He cupped her face and frowned, "I'm so sorry Amara." She looked up at him and smiled sadly at him. "It's okay, we are going to figure this out together." Their heads leaned against each other and they stayed like that embracing each other. "It's time to eat!" Was heard through the hall as Shawn grabbed her hand and they started walking to where they were eating. Wenwu was sitting at the front while Shawn and Amara sat on his right and Katy and Xialing sat on his left. Amara started to eat as did everyone else. The silence was very unbearable as it made Amara anxious.

That's when Shawn finally decided to speak. "How did you find me?" He glanced at his father as Amara raised a brow at him. "I always know where my children are. I gave you ten years to live your life, and where did it get you?" Shawn glanced at Amara as she smiled at him softly. "Now it's time for you to take your place by my side." Shawn turned and looked back at him. "That's not gonna happen." Amara gave a small smirk to Wenwu. "American girl." He glanced at Katy. "Her name is Katy." He raised a brow, "What is your Chinese name?" Did she even have one? Katy looked at Xialing and then turned to Amara as she shrugged her shoulders. "Ruiwen."