Chapter 13 Part One

Yeah yeah Ik what I said but since I couldn't stay away for a week and a half... You get a bonus chapter!

Now when I mean "bonus chapter" that means that-so you guys don't get confused (but who am I kidding I have the smartest readers ever, only I would get confused!)

But, I might as well explain. This chapter is entirely from the past, so don't get it mixed up with my last chapter-which I honestly don't remember so I better go reread it. 

ALSO: 268 READS! AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! AND 38 VOTES?????

*faints*

Enjoy!

~~~

"Ara!" my mom calls. I am curled up, looking at a picture book. 

It was a book I got for my sixth birthday, a month ago. 

"Yeah?" I call back. 

"Come here!"

I follow the sound of her voice but find instead of my mom, a man in black clothes smirking cruelly while holding my sister.

"Mommy?" I ask nervously. "He's vio-vio-viola," I scrunch my nose, trying to remember the word, "violating protocol," I finish proudly, repeating my school teacher on the importance of protocol and how Viel only wants the best for us. 

"What do you mean, little girl?" the man sneers. 

"You're not wearing yellow," I announce, proud of my knowledge. "My teacher was telling us about the import... importance? yeah, the importance of how our color assignments keep us safe."

"Well little girl, Viel told me it was fine to wear whatever color I wanted," he laughed harshly. "And, oh, it's so good to see how well the teachers are teaching."

I look over at my mother, then, confused. I notice she is trying to tell me to shut my mouth, but the man notices it too.

"That's enough!" he cries, grabbing my mother's neck and choking her. "Keep your mouth shut and your hand still. We wouldn't want you to lose two daughters today, would we?"

My mother's eyes will with terror, a terror that never left them. She shook her head as vehemently as she could. 

" Stop!! "my father cried, jumping in. "Let her go!"

 The man punches my father in the jaw so hard his head snaps back and he falls to the floor, unconscious.

 I scream.

"That's what I thought." He releases my mother with a sneer. "Pathetic."

  "Who are you?!" I scream hoarsely.

"You don't know?" he asks in fake surprise.  "I'm from the Resistance."

 He grabs my sister and storms out the door, ripping it off its hinges, along with our life.

 I stood on the floor surrounded by blood, a broken door, an unconscious father, a mother who can barely breathe, and no sister.

 I am broken.

 And I will kill the Resistance. 

~~~

Part two will come later!