Chapter one

Disclaimer: I (sadly) do not own Harry Potter or any of the characters. J. K. Rowling does. I merely own the plot and the OCs.

It was a warm summer evening at Privet Drive. It was the middle of the summer holidays, so nobody had to work. To everyone in that street it meant having a nice time with their families. To every person in that street except one. Harry Potter. He was lying on the floor of his cupboard, still suffering from his morning-, noon-, and extra beatings (for sneezing while the Dursleys were eating), in expectation of his evening beating. He was still bleeding from numerous wounds and he was starving, but he had been a bad boy, so he didn't deserve any food.

"Boy!", he heard uncle Vernon shout. Oh oh, he thought, it was time for his beating. Uncle Vernon yanked open the door and grabbed him by the collar. He threw him into a corner of the hall and took off his belt. He beat him for at least an hour until the belt broke. "YOU BROKE MY BELT BOY! YOU WILL PAY FOR THIS!". He then punched Harry a few more times and then called Dudley down. "Make daddy proud and finish him off," he said. Dudley eyes lit up with excitement as he was going to get to finish his daddy's job. He punched Harry in the face again and then kicked him where it hurt. When Uncle Vernon threw him back into his cupboard and locked the door, Harry was crying, quietly, because he didn't want to be shamed for being too loud. Finally he fell asleep snuggled up in his blanket.

The next morning he woke up very early so he went to the kitchen to make breakfast. Being too small to see the pan he had to cook intuitively. Thanks to his rather good memory he remembered when he had to turn the bacon over. He was in fact a very smart child. He could already read and write perfectly, which he kept to himself so as not to give his uncle another reason for more beatings.

Just when he was done making breakfast the Dursleys came into the kitchen. Harry put everything on the table and went to stand in his corner with his back turned towards the Dursleys, the look on the ground, just like it was proper for a freak like him.

After breakfast Harry had to do his chores wich were to clean the whole house, mow the lawn, do all of the bedrooms, then cook lunch and stand in the corner again. When he was in his cupboard, in the afternoon, uncle Vernon came in and took him to the bathroom. Harry's wounds from his last beating had stoped bleeding, but still hurt like hell. Vernon said, "It's time for your bath, boy", with an evil grin, Harry, unlike most other children was really scared at the sight of a bath. Uncle Vernon turned on the tap and the five year old could already see the steam. Once the bathtub was filled, uncle Vernon told him to put of his clothes and threw him into the tub. Harry held back a scream as the water was burning him. His uncle then held his head under water until he had hardly any air left. After five minutes uncle Vernon drained the hot water from the tub and filled it up with freezing cold water. He again held Harry's head under water when he was done done he yelled "YOU ARE WASTING OUR MONEY BY TAKING A BATH! FOR THIS YOU WILL SUFFER!". The boy who was already exhausted from his 'bath' passed out as soon as uncle Vernon began hitting him.

He woke up in complete darkness, the floor around him covered in blood. He cuddled up in his blanket and cried from pain, thinking about how it would have been, to have a family that loved him. He didn't really know the meaning of love, but he supposed it meant to be treated the way his aunt and uncle treated Dudley. He couldn't sleep and a while later he had the idea to run away but there was this voice in his head that told him that he would only get killed. But I would get killed here sooner or later too, he told himself. In the end he decided to run away.

He waited until he was sure the Dursleys were all asleep. Then he quietly opened the door of his cupboard and took the blanket he was found in (his only belonging). He put on a pair of Dudley's shoes (the only clothes of Dudley that would fit him but he never had any) and exited the house, limping as fast as he could, hardly making any noise.

He limped down Privet Drive until he got near the forest. Suddenly he heard some very loud voices. "Aww, look there a poor little boy. Did you get lost?", a teenage boy asked Harry in a mocking babyish voice. He and his friends laughed. They were clearly drunk. Harry got scared and ran as fast as his little legs would carry him.His body hurt but he kept running, afraid the drunks would follow him. When finally stop, he collapsed from exhaustion and fell asleep immediately.

-•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•-

857 words 

I know it's short but they get longer from chapter three.