Corrupt. | Chapter 14

Everyone runs away as the Injector reactivates and plunges itself into the Earth's crust, scattering the ground around it. Steven is knocked onto the ground, coughing from the dust cloud caused, as Spinel stands menacingly before him.

Spinel: I'm not letting you get one over on me, Steven Universe!

Steven: I wasn't going to wipe your memories, guys!

Taaf: You expect us to believe that you want us like this?!

-Garnet peeks over.

Garnet: Steven? Why are you fighting? Aren't we all friends?

Taaf: Aww, an audience! Why don't we put on a good show?

Spinel pulls Garnet towards her, coiling her arms around her body while Taaf holds an arrow up to her neck, holding -Garnet hostage.

Steven: -Garnet!

Taaf: It is... pretty baffling that you out up with the older us. We were so childish! So... carefree! Not a care in the world to stop us from doing what we wanted and having fun! How weird that you didn't lock us away after we came so close to dicing you!

Steven: Get away from her.

He holds up the Rejuvenator.

Spinel: Oh, you're so protective of your real friends, and you're so careless with your fake ones!

Steven: Stop it!!

Taaf: Then STOP US!

Spinel: We all know you want to rejuvenate us again, so why don't you fucking try it, Universe!?

Steven: NO!!

Spinel + Taaf: WHY NOT?!?!

Steven: BECAUSE, THAT'S NOT THE TRUTH!!!

Steven breaks Rejuvenator in two over his knee.

-Garnet: The truth...

Garnet suddenly breaks free from a surprised Spinel's grasp with an unprecedented break free.

Garnet: I've known hardships and confusion, but love can live through it all, if you face the truth together.

As her memories begin to flood back, Garnet begins to finally reform, engulfed in a glowing white light.

Steven: Her final piece!

Taaf: Uhh... so are we just gonna let this happen?

Spinel tries to hurl a boulder to crush Garnet, to no avail, as the fusion simply breaks it apart in one punch. Taaf attempts to slash at Garnet with his telekinesis and his arrow, but Garnet catches it, and crushes it in her hands. Taaf stands, staring in disbelief as he realizes that his arrow is now broken. Garnet stands proudly with her fist in the air, as she begins to sing "True Kinda Love".

Spinel lands on one of the Injector's legs and propels towards Steven like a spring to hurt him. Garnet catches her legs in time, and Amethyst and Pearl grab onto her arms. The Gems stretch Spinel and flings her towards the Injector, hitting her head on it. Taaf speeds in on his trash lid and attempts to swipe at the Gems with the katana, to little success. Amethyst wraps her whip around him, pulls him down, spins, and tosses Taaf right next to Spinel on the injector. Undefeated, the grinning couple bounces to the top of the Injector. They look at each other and nod. Spinel enlarges her fingers to make a bigger yet horn, and Taaf enlarges his foot. He jumps up high and stomps down to the surface as Spinel blows into her horn. The Injector instantly drains all the poison inside, causing fissures all around and flooding Beach City in the poison. All the Beach City citizens begin to flee, as the poison splashes everywhere. The Gems start to grow more and more concerned.