6,000 | Part 6

Spinel has been playing with Taaf more than ever. Ever since they became a thing, they've been playing a lot, and even kissing and hugging more than before. They were playing tag in the garden, when Pink Diamond warped back there.

Pink Diamond: Hey guys! How's everything?

Spinel: Awesome!

Taaf: It's going well.

Pink Diamond: Thats great to hear!

Pink Diamond looked at Taaf closely, then noticed the Flower in his hair.

Pink Diamond: Did Spinel give you that flower in your hair?

Taaf looked up to his flower and chuckled.

Taaf: Heh. Yeah. Does it... look good?

Pink Diamond smiles and laughs.

Pink Diamond: Yeah! It looks great!

Spinel ran up to Pink Diamond for a hug, and on impact, Pink Diamond got an annoyed face.

Pink Diamond: Well... just wanted to check up on you guys. I'll go now.

Spinel: But I wanna play! Can you stay a bit?

Pink Diamond crouched down and looked at her.

Pink Diamond: Y'know what? Sure. Let's play a game.

Spinel: Yay!

Pink Diamond: Here's joe you play. You stay here, in this spot until I come back. If you're in the same spot when I get back, you win.

Taaf looked over in confusion. He started getting... suspicious.

Spinel: Cool! So I just... stay right here? That's easy!

Pink Diamond: Well, lets see if you can stay here when I get back!

Taaf walked over to Spinel after Pink Diamond warped away.

Taaf: So you're just gonna.. stay here? For... god knows how long, that's gotta he a while you stay right here.

Spinel: It's fine, I'm sure she'll be right back!

Taaf: Alright.. well, I'm gonna tend to the garden, if she's not back by the time I'm done, I'll be suspicious.

Spinel: Alright, go water the plants or whatever you're gonna do. I'm staying here, cos I want to win!

Taaf: Alright... be right back I guess.

Taaf went around the garden, watering them and picking weeds. He's been doing this for weeks now, and Spinel was still there.

Taaf: Well, the garden would be fine for a long time. It's probably fine. I can play for a while with you guys.

Spinel: Alright! Just stand right here and wait!

Taaf stood right next to Spinel and started. They were eventually striking up conversations to pass up time, and sometimes, fell asleep standing up.

9 months had passed since they started playing. Taaf looked over to Spinel, who had a sad look on her face.

Taaf: Hey... what's wrong?

Spinel: I just... am I doing this right? Am I playing correctly?

Taaf held her cheek and kissed her other.

Taaf: Look, if you explained the game correctly, we're supposed to stand here and wait for Pink Diamond to come back, and we win! This should be easy!

Spinel grew a smile on her face.

Taaf: Also, with me around, you won't be bored! We can pass time by talking, and soon she'll be back.

Spinel: Heh... yeah... yeah, I guess you're right.

Taaf held her hand and continued to talk and talk until she came back.

1,000 years later, they're still talking, still holding hands, and vines had started to grow on their feet. They were ignoring the fact that it had been 1,000 years, and then Taaf fell asleep standing up. Again. Leaving Spinel to her thoughts until he woke up.

2,000 years had then passed, but Spinel started to get sadder every hundred years. "Is she coming back?" "Where'd she go?" "Did she get shattered?" She raised a lot of questions, but Taaf always reassured her that she was over-thinking. She was so nice to him, as he was to her. They never moved. They never left.

3,000 years had then passed. It had been 6,000 years since they'd started playing. They'd then heard an announcement on a screen. When they saw it, they'd moved. Spinel and Taaf has ran up to the screen, breaking the vines that grew over their feet. When they ran up the screen, they saw a Teen boy with a blue shirt and a red jacket. He'd been saying something about him 'not replacing Pink Diamond.' Taaf and Spinel had been crying and bawling so they couldn't hear. Taaf has been so angry that he'd been left behind again, he'd been punching the floor again and again, a pillar eventually falling on both Spinel and Taaf, poofing them.

When they'd reformed, Taaf had been slightly more... dark. A darker shade of purple, claws, sharp canines and black eyes. Almost nothing was there. Spinel came out, looking like she did when they fought.

Spinel: How do I look?

Taaf: Good as ever. What about me?

Spinel: You look great, darling.

Taaf: Oh, you're too kind. So what's our plan? Do we go for her, [Mimicking Pink Diamond] other friends?

Spinel: You took the words out of my mouth.

They kissed before taking the warp pad to an injector. They got in, and set course to Earth.

Spinel and Taaf: WERE COMING FOR YOU!!

Word count: 841. Thoughts? It was okay imo.