Chapter 2

-Pete-

"Yes, young master. Help me."

After I slept for a full day, my body looked much more rejuvenated again. I had been given permission by Boss Kinn to rest.

And now, there was only one day left for my preparation in raiding the minor clan's house to find the evidence he wished for.

"No way! Why do I have to go with you?!"

Khun said grumpily. He was
frowning with his neck erect and arms crossed. He was still very angry with me after yesterday when he tried to wake me up. I was half-asleep and I felt so drowsy, so I pushed him away. That resulted into this. I still remember the events of yesterday very well.

(Flashback)

Knock, knock, knock, knock, knock, knock.

"Hey, Pete! Peteee!"

Knock, knock, knock, knock, knock, knock!

I immediately grabbed the pillow
to cover my ears. A repeated series of knocking on the door of my bedroom
slammed into my auditory nerves, making the blood vessels in my brain throb until I got a dull headache. Ouch! I think I'm going to sleep for a couple more days. Do I have to open my eyes to receive any kind of karma?

"Hey, Pete! Open up!"

Khun's voice shouted through my bedroom door.

Eventually, I had to force myself to sit up. I shook my head with intense
frustration after getting disturbed during my bedtime. At this moment, sleep was the most important thing in my life. And I wouldn't let anyone take it away from me! So, I walked with my head shaking and violently yanked the door open.

"You finally woke up? It's noontime. Let's go eat!"

Said the young master with
a wide smile, unaware of how grumpy I was.

"Boss! Today is my day-off! I'm going to sleep!"

I closed the door at Khun's face with full force. I didn't care how shocked he looked or if he were about to open his mouth and curse at me. But now, I didn't care anymore. I hurried back to lay down on my bed, grabbing some cotton wool to stuff my ears with and covered them.

"Pete, you son of a bitch! How dare you do this to me, huh?! You've changed. You've really changed!"

A shout rang out for a moment before it went silent as I closed my eyes and lost my consciousness.

"You have to help me."

I shook Tankhun's arm who stared at me with an arrogant expression before forcefully pushing my hand away.

"Huh, you must be so important. You only come to me when you need something. But I'm telling you, people like me will never become a tool for anyone! Sure, I'm the eldest son of the major clan, but how the hell can I fight with the eldest son of the minor clan? For real!"

Tankhun got up from the sofa,
walking around me while looking at me from head to toe. His speech and tone were so dramatic, as if he were in a soap opera.