Chapter 8 [R18+]

WARNING: Mature content ahead.

- Pete -

[The day of the funeral]

Hachoo!
Ha... Ha... Hachoo!

"Gah!"

I sneezed until my nose turned red. Since I woke up this morning, I had
been sneezing non-stop. Plus, I kept rubbing my runny nose until I began
feeling a burning sensation. I started to feel dizzy, too.

"Are you okay?"

Vegas, who was typing something in his laptop, was now lying
on the bed, his head tilting as he looked at me. The weather was unpredictable today. I felt my head pounding a little.

"I don't know. I might be allergic to the weather. I think it's going to rain,"
I replied.

I turned my eyes to look at the shelf by the other side of the room so I could find a book to read to ease my boredom. Normally, the humid climate in the country didn't affect me too much. We just had sunny or rainy seasons after all. I never had any allergic reactions before. But I guess my body also changed as time passed. I couldn't stop my headache nor my sneezing and coughing.

I focused on taking a book from the shelf. I saw Vegas from the corner of my sight, his chin raised a little while looking at me.

Dammit! The bastard Vegas was still here. Nowadays, he would just stay at home all day, going back and forth from his bedroom and his office. It was strange and I felt even more nervous.

I wasn't used to his presence all the time. With him here, I couldn't go and find a way to pry the chain off my wrist. Simply put, I still haven't figured out how to escape. Geez! Doesn't he have any business somewhere else or something?

"Here."

I was so focused in my own thoughts that I didn't notice Vegas was
now standing near me. He then used his knee to lightly poke the side of my
body.

"Huh?"

I raised myself up from the sofa and looked at him in a daze.

"Take your medicine first."

Vegas was holding a glass of water on one hand, and a yellow pill on the other. He handed both to me.

"A pill?"

I asked as I held out my hand.

"To cure your cold. Your face is red. You're not feeling well."

Vegas sank down and sat beside me, gently placing his hand on my forehead.

I hurriedly looked away at the other direction, not daring to stare directly at him. I didn't know why but since he helped me shave yesterday and k-kissed me...

I felt something weird. I didn't know how it happened. I felt something
inside me that wasn't fear nor disgust. It was almost as if it felt good for me. I
didn't know what was wrong with me. I'm confused.

"It's okay. I'm fine."

I stiffened. I knew I should still follow him, shouldn't resist nor be stubborn, but my mouth still refused.