Chapter 7: The M.I.A. lieutenant

Today was finally the day Hanuman would train them. The first couple of days all the men and Aru had set up camp and socialized while they waited for the remaining members to come. The last guy had arrived last night so they were finally able to start. That morning Aru had woken up early, and made preparations. She had to be cautious so no one found out about her identity, so Aru had to get up before everyone else, and she was not at all happy about getting up at five a.m. on a weekend. Scratch that. She was not happy to get up at five a.m. on any day at all. The day went on like any other day, except everyone was much more excited. After lunch, everyone shuffled out of the mess hall and into the field to finally start training with the General. It was supposed to begin at one, but the General was late. Aru was fuming. She had wanted to eat that last slice of pie! Aiden walked up to her.

"What's up?"

"Nothing is up! Everything is down! I had to give up a whole slice of pie, just for the General to be late!" Aru ranted. Aiden snorted and rolled his eyes.

"You'll get used to it."

"He's always like this?"

"Yup. And he makes the lamest excuses for his tardiness as well." Aru pouted.

"This sucks." Aiden laughed.

"How about I give you a tour of this place? The General may take a while." Aru thought for a moment, then shrugged her shoulders.

"Sure, why not?" And so Aiden showed Aru around the camp, pointing out things here and there as well as asking her questions, like:

"What is your favorite color?"

"Green."

"Favorite food?"

"Tiramisu."

"What instrument do you play?"

"The tambourine." At that answer Aiden raised his eyebrow.

"What?!" Aru demanded. Aiden shrugged his shoulders.

"Nothing..." Aru scoffed.

"Well what about you? How are you musically talented?" Aiden shuddered.

"I can sing."

"...And that is bad because...?" Aiden grimaced.

"It's embarrassing, and it also tends to lead me to accidentally...smolder." Aru stared at him.

"You...burst into flames?" Aiden shook his head.

"No, it's sorta like hypnotizing someone."

"Cool! I wanna smolder!"

"Why?! It's a curse!"

"Not for me!"

"You're weird."

"You're weird for calling me weird!"

"Am not!"

"R2!"

"D2- ugh Shah!" This went on for way too long. However, while they were arguing, Aru saw a pigeon with beady eyes watching her. Huh...Whatever. Finally, they made it to the last stop on the tour: The main house/tent. Inside was a huge portrait of a man.

"That is the former lieutenant." Aiden said. "Rumors say he can become an animal. He was always loyal to the General, but, one day, he disappeared! And the General will not tell why."

"Ooooooooooooooooo!" said Aru, rubbing her hands together. She loved a good mystery. Suddenly they heard the sound of a trumpet. Aiden turned to her.

"Speaking of which, the General has finally arrived, so that concludes the tour! Let's go." he said, running out of the tent. Aru was about to walk forward when she tripped and a part of her armor came loose.

"Aru?" Aiden called.

"Just give me a sec! My armor came a bit undone." Aiden nodded. As Aru fixed her clothing,something shiny on the frame of the former lieutenants painting caught her gaze. She looked over and saw a small plaque at the bottom of it. On closer inspection, it seemed to be his name. Aru read it out loud.

"Shakuni."

A/N: Ifinally updated! It's a miracle! My life has been super hectic and I had no motivation recently BUT I'm starting a new scedule so I can hopefully update more! I made this chapter short becuz otherwise it would have been WAY too long and it would have taken even longer to update, plus, I thought this ending was perfect. I hope you guys enjoyed!