Chapter 12: Nothing Really Happening- Oh Wait, Nevermind

A/N: I finally updated! Please don't kill me.

Aru lay spread-eagle on the grass, feeling the blades gently poke her skin. Airavata floated lazily above her, forming a multitude of randomly-shaped clouds with his trunk. The past few days had crawled by at snail's pace. Nothing really happened throughout the hours. Kinda like the calm before the storm. Aru shuddered at the thought. A loud crack interrupted the mess of images hurtling through her mind. Immediately Airavata dived into her pocket and Aru sat up on high alert, only to see it was them.

The Maruts. All of them were currently trying to fit behind rocks and bushes, some even cosplaying trees. Aru sighed in exasperation. After she had bested them in combat, they had been following her and copying her entire lifestyle. From the way she walked to the way she fought. It was really annoying. She was just thinking of a way to make them scream like Rudy when he's spooked when another sound stops her in her tracks. What was with everyone making her train of thoughts halt? Aru huffed and walked to where the noise had come from; the main tent.

She stood and awaited orders as everyone else collected themselves. Aiden sidled up to her.

"Apparently a scout has made it back." He whispered. Aru raised an eyebrow. How unexpected. All the other men were goofing around and talking loudly to each other, not taking the meeting seriously. They only quieted slightly, yells turning to whispers, when said scout made his way out of the tent, looking banged up and bruised. Hanuman followed his trail, looking serious.

"Tell them what you heard." He commanded imperiously.

"They're coming for us." The scout gasped. "They're making their way to Uttar Pradesh. The Sleeper's army is making their move against the king now!" This finally silenced the trainees, all of them looking serious and grim.

"Aiden, gather all our weapons and prepare the ranks. I'll rally the troops." Hanuman declared before walking off. The crowd slowly dispersed to prepare.

"What does this mean?" Someone asked.

"It means," Aru responded, biting her lip. "That it has finally started." This was it. This was the storm.

A/N: This was mostly a filler chapter for what is to come, hence the length. It was extremely boring to write so apologies for the low quality. Next one might(?) be more interesting. No idea. Hope you enjoyed!