Chapter 10: I'll Make A Man Out Of You (part 2)

Aru ran over to the pole and saw on the ground near it the two golden disks that represented the two different sides a warrior must have. Aru quickly grabbed them and wound one around each wrist. She then wrapped it around the pole in a way that would hopefully keep her from slipping off. It didn't work and she slid to the ground with a thump! Aru was about to walk off when she heard Smol Dude saying to himself again:

"Be a man!" But this time, he said it a bit forcefully. Aru decided to try again. She wrapped the disks around the pole in a different way, looping one disk in the handle of the other and started climbing again. This time, it worked. However, it was slow and tedious work. She had to tighten her arms around the pole with the help of the disks to pull her legs up. Then she'd have to secure her legs around the pole. After that she would be able to lift her arms upward and encircle them around the pole in a tight grip again. Aru had to do this on a loop.

One eighth of the way up, Aru almost slipped.

We must be swift as a coursing river. Aru remembered what Hanuman had said. She kept going. In the distance, she yet again heard Smol Dude say:

"Be a man!"

Aru was halfway up and her legs and arms ached. She had been doing this for hours and there were splinters in her limbs. She was about to give up when she suddenly thought she heard The General telling her:

With all the force of a great typhoon. She gripped the pole harder.

By now, it was dawn and men had started coming out of the tents, looking at her in awe, one of them being Smol Dude. Now, he cheered her on.

"Be a man!!" Aru smiled at him and he gave her a thumbs up. She hauled herself upwards.

With all the strength of a raging fire. Aiden came out of his tent to see what the commotion was and stared up at Aru in amazement.

Hanuman too came out of his tent an hour later, but jumped back in shock as he saw an arrow land at his feet. He looked up to see Aru proudly sitting on top of the pole, waving at the cheering crowd below her. He smiled.

Mysterious as the dark side of the moon.

Aru was welcomed back with open arms, but none were as happy to see her as Aiden. The pupils trained for days, and Aru worked the hardest. After all, these activities were much simpler than pole climbing. She was still sore from it. However, all that hard work paid off.

When Hanuman threw three pomegranates in the air, she shot them with ease.

"Be a man!" Smol Dude yelled.

When they had to run up the hills with sacks of sand, Aru surpassed even Hanuman.

We must be swift as a coursing river.

"Be a man!!" Smol Dude screamed.

When Aru and Hanuman sparred, she was able to easily knock Hanuman off of his feet.

With all the force of a great typhoon.

"BE A MAN!!!" Smol Dude roared. Hanuman looked shocked and he remained silent for a minute before he started clapping. The others joined in.

Aru and Smol Dude weren't the only ones improving. All the other men, inspired by them, trained with more motivation.

That bulky man, who was as clumsy as a newborn duck, hopped on the wooden poles that stood over the river with grace and elegance.

With all the strength of a raging fire.

Marut Number Twenty Two ran through flaming arrows as if he had been doing it all his life.

Skinny Dude broke a chunk of stone with his head as if it was an everyday activity.

Aru caught three fish in each hand without anything but her own bare palms from the river.

But best of all, was of course, Smol Dude. He (along with Aru) were the best at hitting targets with their cannons. They were also fast friends.

Hanuman threw all of them a wooden rod. Marut Number Twenty One caught Aru's and handed it to her with a respectful smile. Aru beamed back. Now, as one, all the trainees jumped up and kicked the air while wielding their rods.

Mysterious as the dark side of the moon!

A/N: I've done it! Go me! Anyways, hope you enjoyed and if you have any improvements to suggest, feel free to tell me! Anyways, things are going to get much more interesting~ :)