03 • Orbitar

🎶Chloe x Halle - the kids are alright.🎶

DEE

DEE.

"There's literally nothing here, Dee."

Everything is as it was at the spot Jeremiah and I were at last night. The old log is still there, untouched. There are no signs of any disruptions. I'd been looking around for the past ten minutes, trying to find something, anything that can explain something to me but I have found none.

"Guys, I promise you, I was here last night and what I said happened, did happen," I assure them, but I feel it's a losing battle.

Peyton who absolutely didn't believe me prior must think I'm crazy now, Mike seems unsure and Jenny isn't really giving away what she really thinks about this, which is stressing me out because she's usually an open book.

"Babe," Peyton starts, coming over to place a hand softly on my shoulder, "I'm not doubting that you're saying the truth but I think you're mistaken."

I let out a groan.

"I think you dreamt it," she continues, "I've had pretty realistic dreams as well."

But it wasn't a dream. Jeremiah is proof. But I can't tell them about him, especially not after the boy told me he won't corroborate my story. If I tell them and he doesn't back me up, I'd end up looking even more crazy.

"You say you don't remember how you got home?" Mike questions, still glancing around.

I shake my head. "Nope."

He nods, his lips pursed. "I think I've read a case similar to this - not the glowing ball though but like, people have said they ended up at places they didn't remember going to."

"Mike, stop encouraging this," Peyton pleads.

Mike sends a glare at her. "Peyton, just because you don't believe it, doesn't mean it's not real."

"Yeah, I don't think Dee dreamt this," Jenny supports. "If she says it happened, then I believe her."

"Of course you do." Peyton rolls her eyes. "The bottom line is, there's absolutely no proof it happened."

"Proof? What is this, a murder case?" Mike huffs as he comes to stand close to Peyton and I. "Haven't you read them stories? Nobody really has concrete proof. Whoever these beings are, they're really good at not leaving prints."

"Beings?" Peyton chuckles, giving Mike an incredulous look. "Oh come on, you're seriously sold on the whole alien thing? I thought you were just playing."

See I'm not even surprised right now. Peyton has always been one to stand firm on whatever she believes in. She's rarely swayed but, I'd at least expected her belief to be shaken a little bit, seeing as I'm her best friend and she's supposed to trust me on things.