06 • Lipperhey

🎶Chloe x Halle - Overwhelmed.🎶

DEE.

I dreamt about Peyton for the second time. This time, she's walking besides me and it seems as though our fingers are intertwined. She's talking, I'm listening, even though I can't make out the words. It goes on like this for a couple more seconds before she suddenly storms off and I start running after her. That's when I wake up.

I'm on the couch in the living room again. This has been happening since the night of the alien abduction. Whatever happened to us that night has caused me to go back to the habit I worked so hard to stop.

Sighing, I stand up and walk down the hall to my room.

The time is 6:35. I stretch and make my way to the bathroom to get started on my day.

When I put my toothpaste filled brush into my mouth, I pause as a thought runs through my mind. Can Jeremiah taste this too? Well, he didn't mention anything about feeling a foreign toothpaste on his tongue at mornings but, who knows?

When I'm about to moisterize with my body lotion, I pause again. So, he's definitely perceiving this right now, isn't he? Does everyone know I smell like lemons? Is it a weird scent? Is it so strong that even Jeremiah noticed it prior to his super sense ability or is he just a weirdo?

Frootloops. My favourite cereal. Well, it's sort of something I got used to since it's the only one my mom ever buys. Does Jeremiah like frootloops? Seeing as he's probably tasting it right now, I feel a little awkward. Him being in tune with my senses feels very, very invasive.

But, I can literally feel his emotions so who exactly is the more invasive one here?

Speaking of...I stop munching on my cereal momentarily. I don't think I've felt anything yet. Usually, his emotions are always heavy and disturbing at mornings but right now, I can't feel anything. Why? Is it gone? Maybe some abilities disappear faster than others?

I feel a sudden lump in my throat.

No, it's still there.

I stop eating my cereal completely as I try to decipher exactly what I'm feeling right now. I feel...down. But, I personally don't feel down so this has got to be Jeremiah. He must still be so hurt about his grandma. They must have been really close because boy was crying his eyes out all through the weekend. It wasn't just the tears, the amount of sadness I felt during those short moments, it took me a while to shake it off and remember that I'm not actually the one that's feeling them. So far, I've noticed that his emotions comes to me in waves, so there were moments where I was free from the heaviness, which I was so glad about.

But, there wasn't any off switch for him though and I don't know but, somehow I feel a little guilty about that. I was complaining about feeling such heavy emotions but I know that it was so much more heavier and real for him. He lost a member of his family, someone very dear to him, he doesn't have an off switch like me, these emotions aren't coming to him in waves, they're a constant thing.

Should I do something? When it comes to comforting people, I'm always the worst. Jeremiah and I (despite the craziness that's happening to us right now) are not relatively close. Even with our somewhat cordial talk yesterday, I don't see us becoming the best of friends.

When Peyton's familiar horn sounds outside, I put my now soggy bowl of cereal in the sink, pick my bag up and run out the door.

Peyton's smiling at me from the driver's seat of her BMW. Out of the cool kids, she's the richest. Parents own a high end liquor company and so, Peyton has never been one to lack anything. She's the friend who lives in the mansion, friend who got a car before anyone else, friend who always offers to pay during outings.