Chapter 1

A.N: Hellooooooo to anyone reading this. I hope you have a good time reading this cause I'm gonna have a good time writing this and I hope I finish it. This is mostly fiction.

So you know how sometimes, life's just messed up and you start to cry for no apparent reason? Well... I'm doing just that, only thing is I have a reason and life's still messed up.

Hi, I'm Eleanor Adebisi Oluwaseun and I'm 24. I'm Irish-Nigerian, came to Ireland through asylum when I was fifteen, grew up in Ireland with God's grace, during my college years, my parents went back to Nigeria while I decided to stay here. I work at an interior designing company called Lohan's Best. I have a dog named Oliver whom I love very much. I got him from an odd but nice old man in my apartment building who moved in with his family and asked if I wanted Oliver cause his son hates dogs.

Where were we. 

Ah yes, life's messed up. I'm at a business conference for my company and its boring or maybe its because I don't want to listen. I'm the kind of person who starts thinking about life when I'm bored so that's what I'm doing. The flashbacks bring tears to my eyes so I blink them back and pretend like I dropped something so I can wipe the upcoming tears. My life was a wreck, let's say from when I was five to twenty-one. I was a wreck, I made some stupid decisions, I did really stupid things when I was younger that could make people thing I was crazy. It seemed like I was attracted to bad luck or maybe it was the other way around.  I can't stop the tears so I excuse myself and I cry harder in the restroom. I'm still crying in the toilet stall when I hear footsteps. I quickly wipe my tears and flush the toilet, step out, not bothering to see who entered. I wash my hands and use a tissue to wipe my face. I don't wear makeup so no mascara to fix. 

Trying to avoid eye contact with anyone as I step out of the restroom, I keep my head down, I get to the conference room and I notice that its over, I pack my tablet and my notes and I'm leaving , with my head still staring at the floor. I notice weird looks as I head for the exit but I don't care, its better than them actually seeing my face. I call  Cara on my way out to tell her that I've left the conference hall. She doesn't pick up her phone so I just leave a message. I get to the parking lot, put my stuff in the car and drive off. I try not to cry again as I cry There's a red light and my phone rings. I check the caller and its my mum. I sigh cause I hope she doesn't notice that I've been crying. 

"Hello mummy" I answer

"Seun, hello? How are you? Do you have a cold, your voice sounds off, I hope you are not catching cold again. I've told you, be taking garlic and ginger every morning with warm water and honey, that cold will disappear" she starts without waiting for a response "Don't worry" as if I was worrying "That cold will go. How was your day?"

"My day was fine thank you. How is daddy, is everything okay over there?" I ask to distract her from me. If I don't she'll go on and on. I love my mum but right now I don't need her blabbering to me. (If you know what I mean) 

"Your dad is fine , he went to take a walk. He just left not long ago. I just called to greet you and to see how you're doing. Make sure you take what I told you ok?" 

"Yes ma" I replied. "Ok mummy, we'll talk later I'm driving right now, greet daddy for me, bye" 

"Ok dear, God be with you" she said. I waited for her to cut the call. I never cut the call on someone even if I'm the one who called, its just weird. I drove on, got home and as I passed Margaret the apartment receptionist. She is the only person I talk to in this whole apartment building. I waved at her and smiled. Using the elevator, I got to my apartment and opened the door. 

"Oliver?" I called out hoping he wasn't destroying any of my sneakers and never the heels. He always goes for my beautiful sneakers and I keep forgetting to buy him toys. "Oliver, I'm back and please don't tell me you're chewing on my shoes cause that's wrong of you" The border collie jumped out of my room barking excitedly and I kinda have the feeling he's done something wrong. "Oliver, I love you but if you chewed on any of my stuff, I will...." I don't even know what I will do.