Chapter 1: Prologue

The waves lapped at them angrily, thunder roared overhead. 

"Ning Yan, are you sure about this?" asked a young man next to him.

He had long black hair and had an elegant look to him. The other man, he looked the same enough to be his brother.

"Yes, I'm sure, I'll do anything for my Hai Ling," said the man named Ning Yan.

"Why can't Hai Ling and you stay in the 7 Treasure glazed Tile Pagoda Sect?"

Ning Yan turn around and watched the sea, lightning flashed and illuminated his handsome face. Ning Yan leaned from the balcony towards the sea.

"What belongs to the sea always return to the sea, Hai Ling is of the sea and she will, no matter what we do, will always return to the sea, that is why, Fengzhi."

The brother, now identified as Ning Fengzhi sighed, " At least I tried."

Silence.

"Brother Feng," came a voice behind them, it was Hai Ling. She was beautiful, with long light blue hair and those ocean like eyes, "We'll be setting off in half an hour."

Ning Yan turned to Hai Ling, "I better change my name or people will get suspicious, I'll use mother's name, Yu."

Hai Ling smiled, "Yu Yan, I like it."

Ning Fengzhi held out a glass pagoda pendent, "Here, if you need me or Chen Xin(Jian Douluo), just break it and we'll be there in a flash."

"Thank you," Ning Yan took it and gave it to Hai Ling, "Give it to our baby girl okay? Yu Ruyan needs it more than we do."

Hai Ling nodded and walked back inside to Yu Ruyan. Yu Ruyan had just woken up from her nap and was gurgling quietly, Hai Ling clasped the pendant around Yu Ruyan's neck.

"Look at you, your so cute!" she cooed.

The ship was rocking up and down as they ascended, Yu Ruyan was safely in Hai Ling's arms. It was drizzling and lightning flashed. They had just said their goodbyes. 

30 minuets into their long journey, a thunder storm descended on them. 

Ning Yan had a bad feeling and he told Hai Ling to get ready for a fight. His gut never ever lies. Sure enough, as the next bolt of light flashed, a figure appeared, along with 2 others.

"Bibi Dong," Hai Ling whispered in horror, "They found us."

Ning Yan didn't wait, possessed his spirit. He was a twin spirit, the 7 Treasure sword and the 7 Treasure Glazed Tile Pagoda, because he was going to defend, he would use the 7 Treasure sword.

8 rings appeared, yellow, purple, black, black, black, red, red, and red. He was an outstanding spirit master and one of the most talented of his generation. 

Hai Ling also possessed her spirit, the Sea Goddess spirit (or the Amphitrite spirit).

Black, black, red, red, red, red, red, red, and red. A titled Douluo at such an young age, no wonder she was called the goddess. 

Bibi Dong seemed to have noticed their rings since they also showed their rings, 2 Titled Douluo and a Spirit Douluo. Even with their extraordinary rings, it would be a rough fight.

Bibi Dong knew they were out matched and called more, instantly 2 more Titled Douluos appeared. 

Uh oh, they were going to lose, they knew it.

"We can only secure one of our safety, which is Yu Ruyan, I'll send her in a portal and we'll try holding them off," said Hai Ling. Ning Yan nodded solemnly and kissed Yu Ruyan's forehead.

Then he rose and crouched, his sword in his hand.

"First ring ability, Wild Slash!"

On Sea god Island, Bo Saixi looked up as a portal appeared, she recognized it, it was one of Hai Ling's. Making portals was hard and takes up half of Hai Ling's power. She saw the reason: Yu Ruyan, a note was attached.

Dear Bo Saixi,

This is my daughter Ning Ruyan and Bibi Dong have intercepted us with 4 Titled Douluos. We will definitely not survive and I do not have the ability to make more than one small portal. Please take care of Ruyan, she'll be the last of the Amphitrite line. When she's older, have her go out in the world.

Hai Ling

Bo Saixi crumpled the piece of paper and clenched her fists.

Spirit Hall, oh how much she hated them.

Spirit Hall.

Her job wasn't to destroy Spirit Hall, not yet anyway, but for now, she'll raise Ning Ruyan and try to fill in the spot of her parents.