Chapter 3

Yu Ruyan had changed drastically in the last 4 years, she was currently 9 but she had matured enough to be a 12 year old. Long gone was the playful side of her, now replaced with seriousness. Well, maybe not completely gone. She was still as mischievous as ever but also serious on cultivating. 

She had started the Sea Goddess trials a year ago, knowing that they were going to take a long time. She had just finished the first trial, get a 100,000 ring and boy that was hard. She had been forced to train her body with the same basic 103 moves bitterly. The basic moves to train your body and soul power technique was in one of the many manuals she had read. The 2nd trial was become a soul king before turning 15. 

That was going to take some time considering she was on level 31 currently. 

She had attached rings to both her Sea Spirit and Pagoda spirit, each having 3 red rings. Yes, she was powerful but the Sea Goddess trials demanded more. She was still on the 2nd out of the 9 total trials, but she had made good progress. She estimated she would be at soul king level in a few years. 

The Sea goddess trials were basically the Sea God trials but harder, much harder. The expectations were higher but one of the advantages was that she got as many god-given rings as she wanted and the rings adapt to the limit of her body.

Her first ring that was attached to her Sea spirit was 130,000 the current limit, it's ability was Sea Veil, it was sort of like a domain but not. When activated, within a 310-meter diameter (+10 meters every level), her senses get boosted, and she can sense everything Her second ability is called Sea Vine, you can it to entangle people. 

Her second ring, Sea Ghost, summons the ghosts of sea creatures that can attacks or defend, because this is a powerful ability, despite a 130,000 year old ring, it only has 1 ability. 

Her third ring, the Sea Trident, forms a trident of power with numerous abilities, like her second ring, it only has 1 ability.

But they were made up with the sheer power of the rings and the soul bones. A head bone, left arms bone, and right leg bone.

Her pagoda had 41% support for all attributes (+1 percent every level), healing, and defensive light, it gives the user a layer of protection that reflects 30% and absorbs 70% (as long as their soul power was less or under 10 levels ahead. 

Time skip, 3 years.

"Yes aunt, I will be careful, I'll come back for my 3rd trial soon, I promise," Yu Ruyan said. Today, she was going to go to explore the world. Ok, that sounded like she was turning 18.

"Alright," Bo Saixi said.

Yu Ruyan quickly hugged her aunt before using disappearing into a portal made by the Sea Goddess.

She landed in what seemed to be a city. She saw posters of the land nearby, the Balak Kingdom she realized.

The streets were filled with people, some spirit masters, some not. 

I'll first have to get a hotel room, she thought. All the hotels seemed fancy.

"Hello?" she tapped the shoulder of the young man nearby, "Do you know which hotel is the best for me to live in for a while?"

The man stopped whatever he was doing and looked at her, "Are you new here? The Rose Hotel is pretty good, but it is mainly for couples, if you want a room for yourself, I would say the Pearl Hotel."

"Thank you."

The Pearl Hotel was very fancy, it was made of crystal, inside was a blue carpet, and couches were lined with pearls. It radiated a rich feeling.

The man at the counter looked up, "How can I help you miss?"

"I would like to reserve one of your best rooms for a week," she said.

"You want the Purple Pearl? Are you sure, the pay is 30 gold coins a day," he said.

"Yes," said Yu Ruyan, annoyed.

"210, coins," he quickly said. 

She nodded and accepted the pearl key, then she ascended the stairs to the rooms.

The rooms, she discovered were from worst to best, Red Pearl, Orange Pearl, Yellow Pearl, Green Pearl, Blue Pearl, then the best, Purple pearl.

Her room was awesome, there was a lot of safe and everything was luxurious. After putting away her stuff, she headed down to the restaurant. 

A waiter approached her, "Would you like anything?"

"Menu please," replied Yu Ruyan.

She scanned the menu, "A cup of Spirit Water and Noodles please."

In the middle of eating, an elegant looking man sat down, an old man followed him.

"Hi, can I ask why you are here?" asked Yu Ruyan, politely.

"Hello, I am Ning Fengzhi, where did you get that necklace?" asked the man.

"Hmm? Oh, my mother gave it to me when I was a baby, both of parents are dead now," she said sadly.

"Who is your mother?" asked Ning Fengzhi.

"Hai Ling and Ning Yan, why?" at this point she had stopped eating.

Ning Fengzhi's eyes widened, "You're my niece."