The Cabin

Time had passed, the semester was finished, and they were packing for their two-month getaway. Luffy rummaged through the fridge for snacks while Zoro folded up clothes, the younger came charging into the room holding a jar

“Zo-ro! We should bring these, they're super yummy!” Luffy grined

Zoro looked over, squinting his eye, trying to decipher what in the world Luffy had before his face scrunched in disgust, “Olives? Gross, you can keep ‘em”

Luffy gave a slight pout but ended up shrugging it off just meant more for him in the car ride. He began to join the other in packing clothes, searching through his dresser. He called out, “Has Zoro seen my swim trunks?”

“Already packed ‘em, Luf” Zoro responded, a small smirk on his lips.

Soon enough they determined that their suitcases were packed along with a separate bag filled with snacks for Luffy to munch on during the road trip. Now they waited outside the dormitory building for Nami who was supposed to be picking them up as well as Usopp. It was decided earlier that there was no way Zoro was driving, he would get lost even with google maps, and no way Luffy was driving he nearly crashed last time. Luffy began to wave his arms wildly as Namis car came into view, stopping in front of the two. Her trunk popped open, while Zoro played a small game of Tetris trying to place their things in the back. Luffy climbed into his seat starting up a conversation, a loud one, with Nami and Usopp trying to catch up with them even though they had spoken earlier this week. As soon as Zoro was inside the backseat, they were off to the cabin. Of course, Zoro was asleep most of the ride there with the occasional grunts in response to yes or no questions or when Luffy would share his food, yeah, share his food with Zoro he would be awake. Nami sure took a mental note of that, curious and shocked at the idea of Luffy sharing anything, especially food.

They were the first to arrive though Robins Honda arrived only a few minutes later with Sanji and Chopper inside. Nami was inside first to go claim a room, making sure she was going to get the best one while Usopp and Zoro brought in the bags and suitcases. Sanji had left for the kitchen to prepare Lunch for everyone, having to swat Luffy’s prying hands away on several occasions with the spatula he had. As per usual Sanji gave the ladies their meals first, to represent the outdoorsy setting the blonde had prepared the most delicious hamburgers you could possibly imagine. He had made plenty of extras mostly for Luffy who had a bottomless pit instead of a stomach, surprisingly he hadn't come in for his fourths or fifths yet. Curiously, Sanji peered outside, the sight honestly shocked him. He found Luffy resting beside a laid-back Zoro who was attempting to nap, invading his personal space and chatting away while snagging pieces of the moss-head's half-finished meal. He found himself staring at the scene unfolding in front of him, Sanji eventually shook his head and leaned against the cabin taking up a smoke. 

Later that afternoon Luffy had decided that everyone was heading down to the nearby lake to take a swim. They stuck Zoro in the middle of the group, knowing full well that he couldn’t lead the party and that if he were in the back, he would surely get lost, somehow. Instead, the chipper ravenette lead the way. When they all had arrived, Saji immediately set out some chairs for the two ladies, Luffy of course went charging after the water only to be stopped by a screaming Usopp and Zoro who had grabbed his arm. 

“Zoro! Let me go, I wanna go swim!” The boy whined

“You can't swim you idiot!” Usopp wailed

Zoro simply sighed, “You forgot your floatie, moron”

Luffy blinked, remembering the ram floatie they had packed, he of course had named it even though there really was no point according to Zoro. It was named ‘Going Mary’ because it kept him going on the water and just looked like a Mary. Once he tugged it on, he now went racing into the water, cannonballing in then popping up as Going Mary forced him to the surface. After some convincing of Nami, a bet was made, they had decided on some water volleyball. Sanji cheered for Nami and Usopp’s team, mostly for Nami, and come to find out somehow Zoro’s zero sense of direction rubbed off on the ball anytime he would hit it, it would go who knows where. Luffy seemed to be the only one who predicted it and was able to hit it with his rubber like flexibility. Nami had noticed something strange during the game, Luffy had taken a ball to the head multiple times, caught what others assumed was staring off into space, not Nami though. She had a wicked grin on her lips discovering the source of the boy's distraction was none other than Zoro himself, correction smiling Zoro. Every time Zoro was smiling, she found Luffy gazing at him, oh ho, she would find some way to exploit this.