𝟎𝟏.

PROLOUGE.

i groaned.

newton.
newton.
newton.

this boy. i don't understand him. he says he loves me one second, then leaves the next.

i strolled through the garden, eager to stop this ongoing feeling and distract myself even for the slightest moment. i needed to get him out of my head before i genuinely offed myself. i cannot sacrifice myself after everything i've already done for the glade. for me. for alby. for him.

it is all too much to risk one little stupid feeling over.

maybe when we're out, maybe then i can finally tell that newton how i feel. however, for now, it will remain quiet. as quiet as it can be.

"hey there y/n." i felt a grip on my shoulder and turned around to see thomas.

"why hello there, tommy." i smirked. thomas and i had a familiar, nice sort of dynamic. the sort of dynamic you can really never get over, the sort of troupe only found in old books and movies, "what's up?"

"oh. uh. nothing really. you just seemed down, i guess," the brunette shrugged, "is something the matter? i can kick newt's ass if you ask politely."

"oh no. no, why would you assume it has to do with newt? not all my problems come from newt." he chuckled at that.

"sure. anyway, get to it. what's bugging you?"

"fuck. it's newt, tommy. don't laugh." i hid my eyes behind my hands to hide my embarrassment.

"you're so predictable, y/n." he pushed my shoulder, "what did he do this time?"

"he's just been.." i stopped, "weird, i guess. he says all these sweet things behind closed doors, but i doubt he means anything he's been saying."

he patted my hair, in a loving sort of way, "you stress too much. maybe you can do something. catch his attention."

catch his attention.
technically, newt and i are not offically together. i can do whatever the fuck i want to, can't i? and instead i've been waiting here for him to pick up his ass and get with me. i will surely catch his attention.