Preface (Important!)

Heyyyyy, guys! So I noticed that Chappy 1 had more reads than the preface, and this is kind important to the pLoTliNe so... PLEASE read it! Thx guys ❤️

-R

Tam
"Of course," I muttered. " My social life is only gonna get worse. "

That day was our first day at Exillium. Linh had been banished for causing so many floods, so if course I joined her. She may be able to drown her enemies, but she should still be able to have a parental figure- not like our parents, the snobbish jerks that they are.

But that meant going to Exillium, facing harsh punishments, and finding our own shelter. All in all? Not so great.

Anyway, we set up camp. We knew we'd probably need to relocate eventually, so we didn't even bother fully unpacking. We just went to bed under the starlight with absolutely no clue what we were doing or where we'd end up.

Linh
Why did he come with me? I thought. Sure, my brother's overprotective. But this? It's crazy! I don't understand why he didn't just stay with Quan and Mai (yes, she first-named them) and live a normal life? He could've been an only child! Not that I minded the company. We've stayed together practically since birth, so I'm glad something was normal.

Except that we'd be going to Exillium, staying away from the very few friends I had, and be banned from using our abilities. But that's probably for the best anyway, given that I'm the "Girl of Many Floods." But Tam? He had so much ahead of him, and he'd just manifested a few months ago. I was the one causing problems, so I'm the only one who should have been punished.

Well, that didn't matter anymore. What mattered was that we still had each other, and I hadn't given up hope yet.