" I would like ..."

A small smirk appeared in the corner of Jae's mouth, but disappeared immediately, as if it was never really there in the first place. His blue eyes roamed my body from head to toe; not in a sexual but rather curious way. 

I was a very good reader of emotions on peoples' faces....and it was clear to me as day: I had piqued Jae's curiosity. He was intrigued by me! I was sure, his mind tried to search for a logical answer, why a small girl like me had the guts to go against three tall guys, who obviously  weren't very friendly.

The guy, who threatend me verbally, let go of his victim, taking two fast steps in my personal sphere. "New girl ...do as I told you ... turn around and GO", he shouted in my face.

I tried to stay composed, although I wanted so desperately to react...to punch his over-confident face. BUT, I was a good girl and knew, that I couldn't walk around, punching all annoying, stupid and disturbing people.  It would take too much time - and effort - because there were so many of them...That thought made me smile and I laughed silently.

The smile on my lips must have triggered something in the guy in front of me, because in the next instance he grabbed my arm, pressing hard. He bent down to look directly in my eyes. 

"Are you deaf?", he asked irritated. 

"Dan, STOP, it's only a little girl", the hard voice of Jae demanded.  

I seized "Dan" with a cold stare, snarling "leave my arm, at once". The surprise on his features turned into an evil grimace. 

"You little bitch, who do you think..."

Before he had the chance to finish his degrading speech I had him on his knees, his arms twisted on his back. His cries of pain were music to my ears.

No sound was heard, no movements made. Everybody was frozen. I bent down to Dan. "How does it feel, to be humiliated, hm? Look at your pathetic self. A little girl, a nobody, put you on your knees. How do you like the prospect down there?" As soon as my words left my mouth, I regretted saying them. 

I was a friendly person...but..sometimes...there was also something evil lurking in my mind. I really had a vengeful side in my character. GOD! How I wished, I was more controlled and superior in my actions...

Strong fingers grabbed my forearm carefully. "You made your point, let him go, the supervisors are already on their way."

Instantly I let go, facing Jae, who still held my arm. His blue eyes trailed my features. 

"You are really something, Athanasia...I would like..."

"WHAT'S GOING ON HERE?!", his words were interrupted by a shrieking female voice.

The crowd dissolved, running away like little rats into a safe hole. How I hated cowards and bystanders who did nothing to intervene - who only watched. After the masses dispersed, only a few lingered around, obviously the fan club and friends of the guys.

They send me looks with very different messages: hate, anger, curiosity,  humour ... and excitement. Wow, they must lead a bored and uncharmed life to be excited about old-fashioned school bullying? I rolled my eyes at them.

Jae, who observed my actions, shook his head chuckling. I watched him with a blank face.

His right eyebrow rose questioning, still smiling. "Don't even try a neutral face, your features are too lively for that", he whispered.

His teasing annoyed me to no end, but I lacked a smart answer, so I kept quiet. Suddenly a middle aged woman appeared between us with an annoyed expression. "School semester didn't even start and here I am, instead of enjoying my last cup of coffee before I have to face you little monsters", the woman muttered.