07

[Wooyoung's POV]

As boredom takes over me the only thing I can do is sleep, which is probably a good idea so I can be on guard when San comes back. After sleeping in a painful silence I'm awoken by the scraping of the door. "Hi baby, sorry I should've brought these in earlier" he says as he comes into the room holding books, pencils, paper, and my Holy Grail a CD player. An obvious smile appears on my face as I get up to inspect all the pieces. I look up to San to say thank you but him staring back makes me flustered and I just take the things and set them next to the bed.

He comes and sits down next to me asking what I want to eat, "uh- uh.. well- I- uh.." I stammer. "How's fried chicken?" He says looking at me, looking down I reply with a simple "ok". He gets up and leaves the room, leaving me with everything he's left. I sort through the books, reading the blurbs trying to figure out which one I should start with. A pretty good horror selection, Carrie, a classic, and Tomie, one I've been wanting to read. Switching to the books below them I see manga, "OH NO WAY" I scream to myself after seeing the most recent release of Yona of the Dawn (A/N best manga of all time IMO). Moving it aside I see.. quite a cover, two men embracing each other, I already know what type of book this is but the question is why did he give this to me? Embarrassed I put the books down and reach for the CD player. Noticing that no CDs were given I check inside for one, thank god there is. I press play not knowing what to expect and am greeted by soft and calming sounds from nature [A/N link to playlist https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2sWwKJKAznIkvjoFRJ3ag3?si=fvE53v5zRJKwsKQvNx-I_g ]. I sit for while with my eyes closed, finally letting myself relax a bit.

San comes back into the room, tray rolling along side him, the distinct smell of fried chicken entering with him. I get up and sit down more relaxed then before. After San unboxes the chicken and sets the plates down I gain some spontaneous courage.
"Why am I here?" I say looking at him.
He looks down then back up at me with a straight yet flushed face "because I like you"
I don't know what to do in this situation, being confessed to is already enough to send me spiralling but in a situation like this?? After he sees me visibly in destress he changes the topic "Do you like what I brought you?"
I look back up at him, all courage lost, "uh.. yeah.. thank you"
He smiles softly and encourages me to continue to eat.
The rest of the meal felt like I was swallowing with a big lump in my through, I don't understand whats going on, I'm confused, and I'm scared.

With everything cleaned San goes towards the door opening it, assuming he was going to leave I let myself breathe until he started walking back.
"To let some fresh air in" he says
I nod in response. This is my chance to know what's outside, I pick up the books and walk towards the mirror that's to the left of the door. I look back at San he doesn't seem worried, meaning that there is more to escaping then just going out this door. Pretending to align and organise the books against the mirror I look at the reflection to see what's through the door. White walls, dark oak flooring, well lit, but no other doors or windows in sight. I do my best to engrave it into my brain so I can draw it out on one of the pieces of paper once San leaves.

To not cause so much suspicion I sit down on my side of the bed "Are you tired?" He asks "uh yes" I say hesitantly in response. After hearing that he gets up, shuts the door, turns off the lights, and lays down beside me, still with a distance between us. "Goodnight baby" he says as he rolls over. Because of all the napping I did earlier in the day I'm wide awake [A/N anyone remember that one Katy Perry song]. After an hour of me tossing and turning a San who I thought was asleep says "are you okay?" surprised I say "yes" flustered that I woke him. After a moment of silence he says "Can I hug you?" now looking at me. Shocked I'm silent for what felt like minutes until I forced myself to respond with a soft "yes". Slowly he wraps his arms around my waist pulling me closer, my heartbeat is going crazy, I don't know whether it's because of fear, embarrassment, or something else but he definitely could feel it. He softly put his hand on my head and started stroking it slowly. It was comforting, but should it be?

A/N
Double publish today 👍
Does this still count as consent? If not sorry