Chapter 10. ENCHANTED

Allesandra casually strolls through the door, head held high and doesn't seem to be bothered by the sound of the glass crunching beneath her bare feet. As she walks directly toward the men, their eyes are fixated on her every move.

The tension in the room is intoxicating and the stench of Satan's cologne mixed with paint fumes almost suffocates her as she tries to breath and maintain her composure. She has the distinct feeling that the desire for a climactic ending is raging inside of Satan's mind and he's salivating, awaiting her first move.

As she stops right in front of them and shifts her weight, the glass crunches under her feet again, but this time it eerily echoes off of the bare walls. She gives them both a quick glance but then focuses her attention directly on Satan. She lets out a long sigh and announces, "What am I going to do with you two? Always fighting over the silliest of things." She then turns and walks over to where Blaze is still trapped in his chair. She leans in close to him, stops to adjust his tie and slyly slips the watch back into his pocket. As she presses her lips to his and seductively kisses him, she can almost taste the bitter pill Satan must swallow as he lustfully watches.

After Allesandra's theatrical performance and courageous attempt to enrage Satan, she smiles and politely proposes, "Come on Blaze. Let's get out of here! You promised me breakfast and I'm starving!" Blaze leans forward, but this time he's surprised when he finds that he's able to stand right up from the chair. He then obeys her request and follows her, as they exit the room. Satan is left standing there, stunned, I'm quite certain, at what he just witnessed from his once powerless Handmaiden.

Once outside in the hallway, Allesandra takes Blaze's hand and flashes him a confident smile. She then leads him down the winding halls toward the courtyard of the massive estate. Their eyes meet several times on their journey as they casually flirt and exchange grins with one another along the way, but do not speak about what just happened.

When they reach the courtyard, Blaze picks her up off of her feet and joyfully spins her around. "Allesandra! You just about gave me a heart attack barging in on us like that! Do you realize how lucky we are that we were able to walk out of there in one piece?" "Oh Blaze, you're so dramatic. You yourself told me how powerful that gold watch is and it felt good putting him in his place for tormenting me."

He grins at the level of her new found confidence and then responds, "Yes, it is very powerful, but it takes some practice to attain it's full power and I don't think you fully understand what he's truly capable of. Do you remember what he did to his former Handmaiden at the Masquerade?" "Of course I do, Blaze. How could I forget? I think I have pieces of that poor woman still stuck in my scalp." She playfully scratches her head and then dusts off her shoulders to add a dramatic effect to her raunchy attempt at humor. "I'm being serious Allesandra. He let us walk out of there today because he loves to play games, but he's planning his revenge on us as we speak. He is a disgusting, evil creature. I can't even call him a man. Men would never do the kind of horrific things he does. There's a reason why he was cast from Heaven. He created the darkness of Hell. He is why evil exists and why the dark souls come here for eternity. Nobody can stop him and the ones that have tried aren't here to tell you about it, I assure you."

"Well Blaze, I came here and I'm not evil. How do you explain that then?" He rubs his chin and acts as if he's thinking about her question and then quickly answers, "If you think you're the very first one, you'd be mistaken. He corrupts good people just like you by manipulating them all the time. Getting the souls of the truly evil is a walk in the park and although he gets off on it, no...he loves a good challenge and you'll soon find out that what he really wants is to capture the pure ones, the ones like yours. Those are the challenges he puts all of his efforts into. Let me guess, he got yours by asking you to sacrifice yourself for someone you love. Am I right?" She swallows hard and quickly looks down as a tear slowly runs down her cheek.