Chapter 15. BEGUILED

*Author's note:The following chapter has gun violence and mature language. ~❤~

Sebastian winks at Allesandra, steps forward and dramatically shoves his finger in the end of the masked man's gun. "Oh my, what a big gun you have here! Girls, have you ever seen a man with such a big gun?"

They shake their heads no as they play along and giggle at his attempt to be a comedian in an otherwise dire situation. Sebastian is a bit tipsy and is having so much fun that he decides to toy with the man a little more.

"Such a pity. You look like an intelligent man really, but yet here you are face to face with the devil's son and you were just too dumb to run away when you had the chance. Now, it's too late, I'm afraid."

The man looks a little confused by Sebastian's comments and becomes visibly impatient with his resistence and yells back at Sebastian, "Shut your fucking mouth and give me your wallet, tough guy, or I'll splatter your ass all over your lady friends here!"

Sebastian takes offense to this idle threat of violence toward him and the girls, if nothing more, at least for the inconvenience it's causing them.

He steps toward the man and pushes himself against the gun, letting it sink into his chest, taunting the man to shoot him. The man's face starts to perspire. He's so shocked and doesn't know what to do. He doesn't move, so Sebastian reaches out and opens the man's jacket to reveal that he is wearing a designer bra.

"Gucci?" Sebastian playfully asks the man as he raises an eyebrow, waiting for his response. "Yeah, what's it to you? It's for a part in a Broadway show. I'm an actor and I'm not gay, if that's what you're thinking."

"Who said anything about being gay? I'm the last one to judge anyone for their fashion sense. Hell, I wear white after labor day."

"He does!" Allesandra sarcastically chimes in to help deescalate the situation. Sebastian picks right back up, "Lots of men wear bras when they rob people in back alleys. No, it's true. I read it in the New York Times just this morning, in fact."

The girls giggle as the man, looking like he's lost all patience with Sebastian, cocks the gun, turns and shoots Nicole. The blood slowly drains from her face as she holds her chest and collapses to the ground with a loud thud. Allesandra rolls her eyes, leans down, and waves her hand over Nicole's body and she immediately disappears.

The man is clearly shaken after seeing this. He starts trembling, pushes the gun deeper into Sebastian's chest and demands an answer, "Hey, what the hell is going on here? Where did she go? I fucking shot her!"

"Are you alright? Where did who go?" Sebastian playfully taunts him a little more as he looks around, pretending to search for who he's talking about.

At this point Allesandra has had enough, motions with her hand and turns the man's gun into a toy squirt gun. As the man pulls the trigger this time, much to his surprise, it only squirts Sebastian's chest with a blast of cold water.

Confused, the man pulls it back to have a closer look. He sees that his gun has somehow changed into a toy. He screams out, "Hey man, what the fuck?" He throws it to the ground and as he's running off, Sebastian yells after him.

"Run along now and go change those Gucci underwear!" He then turns to Allesandra and says, "You know we've scarred that poor man for life and the sad thing is Gucci will never let him return them now! I'm afraid he's stuck with them."

As they continue howling with laughter and making jokes about what just happened, the back door suddenly opens and out strolls Tyler Steven. He's carrying his guitar case and heading toward his expensive sports car to leave.

"Allesandra, you're on, girl!" Sebastian says as he gives her a light shove in his direction. "Go get him and make daddy proud." He winks at her as she sighs and returns a pouty grin.

She reluctantly starts to walk away but then suddenly stops, glances back at Sebastian and is momentarily mesmerized by the bright lights of Times Square. A mischievous grin spreads across her face as she pretends to be a performer in a Broadway show and starts dancing.

Sebastian watches her with adoring eyes and decides to join her in her madness. He throws his arms up high into the air, starts dancing in sync with her while belting out the New York classic "New York, New York" and singing at the top of his lungs...

🎶"If I can make it there
I'll make it anywhere
It's up to you
New York, New York" 🎶

After his last very off-key note stops ringing through Allesandra's ears, she can then faintly hear Sebastian start calling out for Nicole. "Nicole? Hey where are you? Nicole? Where did you run off to, dear? Nicole?" Allesandra snickers right as Tyler closes his trunk, turns around and sees her walking toward him. He calls out to her.

"Well hello beautiful. Where did you come from?" She glances down, flashes him a flirty smile and then looks deep into his eyes and replies, "Now that's an interesting story. Wanna show me how fast this thing goes and I'll show you?"

*Thank you for reading The Devil's Handmaiden ❤ Votes and comments are always welcomed and appreciated! I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Chapter 16 will release Friday, July 8th! Stay tuned!!

All Rights Reserved
©️ Bobbie J Lowrey 2022

*Excerpt from the theme song ~ "Theme from New York, New York" (or "New York, New York") is the theme song from the Martin Scorsese film New York, New York (1977), composed by John Kander, with lyrics by Fred Ebb.