iv

one of the most difficult tasks in life is removing someone from your heart.

- word porn

꧁꧂

"Goodbye my love", Finn tells me as he hugs me. We are outside of Chilton, Finn saying his goodbyes before he goes back home. "We need to get you a car so you can drive yourself."

"And where's the fun in that? Maybe I like having you around to chauffeur me places." I tell him laughing at the fake look of hurt on his face.

"Torrie my love, you wound me", He says with his hand over his heart. "I mean if you don't want a car, we'll have to return this present then." He points me toward an all-black 1970 Corvette Stingray convertible. My jaw drops to the ground, and standing next to it are Collin and Logan.

"NO." smack. "FUCKING." smack. "WAY." smack. With every word I hit Finn, not believing it.

"Yes, Darlin. It's yours. Mr. and Mrs. Gilmore agreed to it, and it's registered and has insurance. It's all yours." Logan tells me as I walk closer to inspect it better. My dream car. These rich idiots bought me my dream car.

"I love you all so much!" I tell them as I hug them. Logan throws me the keys, complete with a key chain that says Darlin on it.

"We love you", they all chorus as they hug me.

"You better go Torrie, or else you'll be late," Collin tells me.

"I love you all so much. Be careful Finn, and return to me soon ok?" I hug Finn one more time before walking towards the doors of the school. out of the corner of my eye, I can see Rory glaring at me and my new car. I roll my eyes and walk inside the building.

꧁꧂

My second class of the day, English, is where I work on a drawing for Finn as the teacher hands back assignments.

"Decent effort by most, good effort by some, exceptional effort by two, Ms. Gellar and Ms. Gilmore." The teacher states as he hands back the papers. I look at Rory expecting her to receive an "exceptional effort" but am surprised when the teacher is standing in front of me. Once He walks away from me, he stops at Rory's desk. "Ms. Gilmore, take these home, learn from your mistakes."

I go back to drawing as he talks about the mistakes made on most people's papers. He reminds us the test is on Friday and dismisses us with the bell. as I climb out of my seat and to the door I can hear Paris and her two lackeys making fun of Rory. Rory looks at me and all I do is smile and walk out the door. She wants to be here she needs to do the work.

In the hallway, I can hear Tristan talking to Rory. "You know Mary, I can't figure out why we're not friends. I think it's because I make you nervous."

"I think it's because you can't learn my name and because you're always with the one girl who hates me," Rory answers, and I know she's talking about me.

"Do you have a boyfriend?" Tristan questions her, making her uncomfortable.

"None of your business," Rory answers, fueling Tristan's fire to question her. all I can do is stand back and watch until I find the opportunity to enter the conversation.

"Is that a No?"

"Is there no one else you can bother?"

"I think you like me. What are you doing Friday night?"

"I'm busy."

"What, you gotta be back at the convent by 5:00?" Tristan questions and I find the perfect time to step into the conversation.