v

She is a champagne princess. A little 4:20 hunny. 

A splash of class and sass all mixed up in a whiskey glass. 

She has a heart of gold. A life that's young, and a soul that's old.

-r.m. broderick

꧁꧂

For the last week, I've been busy with homework, but I have made good progress. I am done with English, Math, and History except for the tests. I have all of the tests scheduled for next week, so I can officially begin my junior-year classes in a couple of weeks.

Tonight is Friday, which means Friday night dinners. I am stuck alone because Logan is doing something at the office with his father. After he is done with his father, I am meeting him and his family for dinner.

"Torrie, it's almost time for dinner," Grandma tells me as she knocks on my door. She opens it slightly, finding me sitting at the vanity doing my makeup. "You look very nice."

"Thank you, Grandma, I'm having dinner with the Huntzbergers tonight." I remind her, standing up. I grab my overnight bag and slide my heels on.

"Yes that is right, well Lorelai and Rory will be here anytime, will you please join us at the table?" She asks.

"Yes. I will be down right after you." I say, putting my phone and pager in my bag. I head down the stairs and sit at my seat at the table. Only a few minutes after I sit down, Lorelai, Rory, and Grandma take their seats.

"You're not eating?" Lorelai asks pointing her fork at me.

"No. I have a dinner I'm going to in a little while." I answer politely.

"Oh." That is all she says. "So where'd you say dad was?" Lorelai asks Grandma.

"Away on business. Germany." Grandma answers her.

Grandma and Lorelai went back and forth before I stood up, "I need to be going."

"Be careful, tell Mitchum I said hello, and don't forget the funeral is on Thursday."

"I will be careful, and yes I will be there," I say and grab my bag.

As I walk out the door I can hear Grandma explaining whose funeral it is to Lorelai. I shake my head at how Lorelai acts, and head to my car. Once I'm situated, I head to the restaurant.

꧁꧂

Once I get to the restaurant, I hand my keys to the valet and head inside. I tell the host I'm dining under the last name Huntzberger, and she rushes to take me to my table. Already seated at the table are Mitchum, Shira, Honor, and Logan. There is one empty chair between Honor and Logan.

"You made it," Mitchum says to me.

Logan stands up and pulls my chair out, as I sit down he whispers in my ear, "Thank god your here."

I pull away from Logan and smile at Mitchum, "Yes, I'm sorry I am late, I got held up speaking to my Grandma. She says to tell you hello."

"Honor how's college going?" Shira asks her daughter.

"It is going well, the classes are not too hard and the sorority has been doing a lot of charitable work. Torrie, how is Chilton treating you?" Honor then turns her head and looks at me.

"It is going well, I was informed that I can graduate at the end of next year," I tell them.

"That's amazing, you'll be graduating at the same time as Logan then," Shira tells me with a smile.