ix

In three words i can sum up what i have learned about life :

It 

goes 

on.

- Robert Frost 

꧁꧂

"Logan, come on get up. Can you imagine the conniption Grandma will have if we are late for the Christmas party?" Winter break had started, and I had spent my break with Logan, Collin, and Finn. Today is the Christmas party and the first time I will see Rory and Lorelai since the dance. 

"I'm sending Collin and Finn for coffee, get your ass up and get ready," I tell Logan as I leave his room and walk downstairs to find my best friends. Both to no one's surprise are already dressed for this evening's party. 

"Will you pretty, pretty please go get coffee?" I ask with puppy dog eyes knowing they can never say no.  

"Of course Torrie," Finn says as he starts to grab his keys.

"Can you both be ready when we get back? If you aren't we most definitely will be late." Collin states as he heads to the door.

"Of course," I state before seeing the look Collin had on his face. "Okay, I will try my best."

"That's better. See you in less than 30 minutes." With that, Collin and Finn left whilst I headed back upstairs to get ready. Once back in Logan's room, I slip on one of his button-up shirts and begin doing my hair and makeup as he slowly climbs out of bed. 

As I finish applying my makeup a kiss is placed on my cheek. Turning to look at Logan, I can't help but smile as he looks me up and down. A light blush covers my face as I smile up at him. "As much as I love seeing you in my clothes, I need you to get dressed. Collin just texted that they are on their way back with coffee. He also said something about being late if we don't leave the minute they pull in." Logan says with a shrug. I giggle as I step away from him and towards his closet where my dress is hanging. 

Once I am dressed, all four of us are in the car and on our way to my grandparents Christmas party. Upon arrival i exhale in relief as I see only Rory and not Lorelai. We hurry inside hoping not to hear an earful about our tardiness. Once i greet my grandparents, we mingle with the guests before setting down for dinner.

Dinner started peacefully, but with Gilmores, the peace never lasts long. I'm seated in my usually seat, with Logan on my right, Finn on my left. Rory is seated across from me and Collin is next to her across from Finn. Although there was conversation going on between the adults, Collin, Finn, Logan, and I were discussing our spring breaks. Unfortunately Finn doesn't have spring break at the same time as Logan, Collin and I, and believe me, he is upset about it. Throughout the dinner Logan rests his left hand on my thigh making my skin buzz at his touch. 

"And what are your plans for the Christmas holidays, Victorie?" i hear one of my grandmothers guests ask me. 

"When I am not studying or volunteering, I will most likely be spending time with these three young men." I reply pointing to Logan, Collin, and Finn. 

" And where are you volunteering again?" Grandma asks me. 

"On top of the tutoring i already do, I am planning to volunteer with the Humane society. I get to spend some time with some amazing animals." After I finished my sentence, the same woman asked Rory about her holiday plans. Once she spoke about Lorelai I began to ignore the conversation. Or i was trying to until Grandpa got up from the table looking very flushed. 

I followed after grandpa to check on him, and when he collapsed i screamed. From my scream, Both Grandma and Logan came running in to see what was the matter. 

꧁꧂

I don't remember much of the ride to the hospital, i don't even remember getting into a vehicle. From my assumptions, Logan got me in the car as Collin drove, Finn also with us. Sitting in the waiting room, I can't stop shaking. My anxiety has sky rocketed and my grandmother and Rory were not helping. Grandma was refusing to fill out any forms and sent Rory to get a paper. 

Once Lorelai came into sight, I grabbed Logan's hand and pulled, silently telling him i needed to go. We both stood up and the boys followed as we walked down the hallway and towards the outside of the hospital. As much as i was still shaking, i couldn't be near Lorelai. 

After calming down outside, I finally got my anxiety under control and we headed back inside. The boys haven't said much, but they know how worried i am and know they they will just make my worrying worse.  Once inside, a nurse told me i could go see Grandpa, and thats exactly what i did. With his room number in my head, i took off running towards his room. Not caring about Rory and Lorelai being in his room, I ran to Grandpas bedside and hugged him as i cried tears of relief. 

"Don't you ever do that again. I was so scared, so scared i was going to lose you. I can't lose you." i tell him as i hug his neck. He wraps one arm around me and rubs my back. 

"I'm not going anywhere Torrie. Its okay." 

Season 1 episode 10. 

AN: i know its been forever since I've updated this book. I am hoping to get some more done on it, and update it more. 

Also the chapter is really just a filler.