vii

she was chaos and beauty intertwined. a tornado of roses from divine.

꧁꧂

It had been 2 weeks since the unmistakable debacle of a birthday party my grandparents had thrown. I hid out at Logan's finding the warmth of his sheets hard to leave. Yet I knew hiding could only last for so long. And I could tell my vacation from my problems would be over sooner than wished.

Logan and I didn't talk about the kiss on my birthday, as words were scarce between the two of us. He pampered and babied me and my hand, that beautifully adorned a crimson red cast. We stayed in bed most of our time together, just enjoying each other's company.

As for my schoolwork, Tristan delivered my work to me, and I was ahead of my junior classes already.

But today, Sunday, was the end of my short-lived paradise. I was to return to school before being expelled and to return to my grandparent's home.

꧁꧂

"Victorie Quinn! What were you thinking? Running away? Making a fool of us in front of our friends? And why is there a cast on your hand?" Grandma interrogates me as I walk inside the house.  I move toward the parlor as she follows me. Grandma takes a seat in her chair next to Grandpa while I sit on the couch.

"I was upset and jealous. I stayed at Logan's because I thought you guys wouldn't want me anymore. I didn't mean to embarrass you in front of your guests, I just felt forgotten. And Lorelai tried to speak to me and I immediately lost it. As for the cast, I let my anger take over and I punched the brick walling outside the house. I shattered the bones in my hand and I'm in a cast for the next 6 weeks. If it heals properly I won't have to have surgery, but if it doesn't heal I may have to have surgery." I state answering her questions as calmly as I could. I know she is mad, but she also looks worried.

"We will never forget you. You should know better." Grandpa says looking me directly in the eyes. I could tell he was disappointed in me. "You need to learn to control your anger, it is not good for a girl your age to be this angry. And what about your education?"

"Headmaster Charleston called to inform us it had been two weeks since you were seen inside of school." Grandma chimes in.

"I know I need to learn to control my anger. I try to, but every time I see Lorelai, or she speaks to me, I get so angered and upset. As for school, did Headmaster Charleston happen to mention anything other than my attendance?" I ask.

"No. That's all he found important to inform us about." Grandma states.

"Well, I called my counselor last Monday morning. I partially informed her of what was going on and got her to agree to Tristan picking up my assignments for three weeks. I am technically ahead of my classes by a week, and I have a note from the orthopedic doctor to give Chilton excusing my absence. Seeing as how I cannot write with the cast, Logan, Collin, and Finn assisted in writing my homework as I told them the answers. I made sure to get everything done, so I can still graduate early." I answer. I worked hard to get myself here, I wasn't going to throw it away because I got my feelings hurt.

"Well, that is splendid. Now you know you are in trouble right? You made a spectacle of yourself and you ran away. You are grounded for two weeks. Strictly to school and home, nowhere else. And you will be present for Friday night dinners from now on." Grandma tells me. I internally groan but nod at her. As I get up she speaks again, "We love you. You know that right? We would never send you to live somewhere else."

"I know. I'm sorry. I am", that was the last thing said between us and I head up to my room.  Once I am in my room, I get my backpack and school uniform ready for the morning. After I do that, I crawl into bed and answer Logan's text.