Chapter 1: An Unexpected Package

"Madeleine, can you get the door for me?" I hear espresso sigh from all the way in our room. He sounds agitated. I wonder what had gotten his mood like that.

"Yes, of course!" I say from downstairs, to reach for the door. My long fingers reaching the doorknob, turning the lock to open it. There's a package on the floor. I don't remember getting a package, I'm assuming this is the package Espresso wanted.

"Essy, did you get a package? I think it has your name on it, I don't remember ordering something recently." I questioned him. I saw him floating in the hallway, and he nearly startled me when I heard him yawn at the stairs. He was wearing a black fishtail dress, with bell sleeves and some brown at the seams, and black lace up heels with straps.

"Yes. Could you bring it here, Love?" he questioned, holding a cup of coffee towards him, taking a sip and putting it back down on a small plate, which I believe is called a saucer. My heart skips a beat. Hearing him call me "love" is the most heart-warming thing in the world.

"What did you order anyway?" I ask him, handing him the package. He uses his magic to get the package, his fingertips floating it into the air, closer and closer to him so that it's within arms reach of him.
"Oh, just couple of books for magic and spells. I had needed some new ones so I ordered some more." he put it underneath his arm so that he has more room for his hands.

"Now, while I work, I need you to run a couple of errands for me. Can you do that for me?" he asks, leaning slightly again the railing of the stairway. I nodded my head.

"What do you need? Do you have a list or are you going to send it to me?" I grabbed my bag with my phone, car keys and wallet inside. "Just a couple of things, nothing big, nothing small. I have the list in my pocket right here." He explains as he reaches into his bag on the counter and hands me the list.

"Thank you, but why do you need me to go out to run some errands?" i ask, struggling to put my hair in a low ponytail. Espresso comes down the stairs and sets his coffee and the package on the counter to help me. He snickered slightly as it was easy for him to do such a small task.

"Love, you know I cannot go out in broad daylight. Plus, I have a lot of work to get finished, and I don't really feel the need to go outside right now." he explained, as he puts my hair in a braid. He gave me a kiss on my cheek, but he had to get off the ground a bit to be able to since he's short. But either way, a kiss is a kiss. We say our I love you's and I head out the door.
——-
515 words