Chapter 6: Planning Our Night Together

(this is a longer chapter, so i hope you enjoy it!)

I set Espresso on the bed, and head downstairs, closing the door behind me and sit the couch. I look at my phone, and it's already 6:45. "Damn, 6:45 already?" I say to myself, while turning on the lamp on the table next to me. I see a notification on my phone and read it.

"March 16th, 2022. Our dating Anniversary"
Oh, how could I have forgotten?! It was our dating anniversary and I didn't know it! It's not too late, I mean I can find a place for us to go right? Plus it's nighttime as well so we can definitely go out somewhere! Maybe a nighttime picnic date could work? I'll ask latte to help. I ring up Latte on the phone; hoping she picks up, which she does.

"Hey Madeleine! You need something?" Latte asked me.

"Yes, I forgot it was mine and Essy's anniversary so I don't know if there's anywhere we can go since it's nighttime."

"There's a spot that Espresso likes to go to, he's liked that place since he was a kid. I say you go there and it'll seem extra special since it's your dating anniversary." Latte explains to me. She describes the spot to me as we come up with a plan to surprise Espresso.

"I come over there, and distract Espresso while you decorate it and make it special. There should also be a nice looking gazebo over there that you can decorate too. It's black, cream and grey. Make sure to decorate that as well." she tells me.

"Alrighty, thanks for telling me! What time will you be over here, because Espresso's asleep and will probably wake up in the next 15 minutes." I ask.

"Oh! Be there in about 10 minutes!"

"Okay, thanks again!"

"no problem Madeleine!" Latte hung up the phone, so I go upstairs to check on espresso, who was still soundly asleep. I go over to the bed, giving him a kiss on the forehead, then grab some clothes for me to change in and then leave back out to change. I change into a brown loose fitting turtleneck with long sleeves, some ripped jeans and my short boots and I heard the doorbell ring. "My, that might be Later." I say to myself. I go downstairs and open the door.

"I'm here! Is espresso still asleep?" Latte asked as she came through the door. I nod my head. "What do I need to get?" I ask.

"Nothing much. Just a couple of candles, lights, flowers. Pretty much anything that you think Espresso would like. Mostly m, it's the thought that counts, and he mostly likes the thought people put into things, so I think most of this can be done without my help." Latte explained, sending me the location to the place she was taking about. I nod my head in confidence, as I head out the door.

"Thanks, and I'm really appreciative of your help. Even though this is last minute I want this to be the greatest anniversary Ess has ever had." she nods and smiles.

 I go into my car to pick some things up that espresso would like at a popular decor store

I go into my car to pick some things up that espresso would like at a popular decor store. i found some fairy lights, a bouquet of roses, (which are his favorite flower) candles, fake rose petals and some black see-through curtains. I purchase them all at checkout and head to a bakery nearby. I found some chocolate peanut brownies Essy would like so I buy a few, along with some small chocolate bars. I then head over to the spot Latte was talking about. It's still daylight out, so I have plenty of time to decorate and set up.

I look at the gazebo, and find 2 chairs inside, with a small glass table with a white roof. There's a glass rim with a black bar around the glass so that someone will be able to hold onto the rim. The glass has a silver and black pattern that make out spirals of silver and black. There are small stairs as well, leading an opening to the inside of the gazebo. I can see why Espresso likes it. It seems very fancy, and organized in a way. I start taking out the decorations and begin decorating.

I start with the the curtains, and work my way to the fairy lights. I put the fairy lights on the inside of the gazebo and ziptie them down, and put them around the inside edge of the gazebo. I then scatter the rose petals around the opening and onto the stairs. I keep the bouquet in my car, just so that I can take them out 5 minutes before Espresso gets here.

"Merde! (which means some kind of swear word. couldn't tell which one) I forgot to tell latte when they're leaving!" I shout. I grab my phone out of my pocket and text latte.

Madeleine: LATTE I FORGOT TO ASK YOU SOMETHING AND ITS REALLY IMPORTANT

Latte: Okay, what is it?

Madeleine: WHEN ARE YOU AND ESPRESSO GOING OVER THERE ALSO HOW IS HE HOLDING UP

Latte: He's holding up well, he just asked where you were and I told him that you had to run errands real quick. We'll leave out when you're ready but it'll take some time. Should I tell him that he should start getting ready and that you have a surprise?

Madeleine: Sure, also thanks for covering for me!

Latte: No problem! I'm here if you need it! :)

——————————————————

I go over to my truck and take out the bouquet of flowers and put them behind my back in one hand. I then look at the time on my phone, and then put my phone in my pocket and look at the sunset.

"The sky looks so pretty at this time of the evening." I think to myself. I get so caught up looking at the sky I nearly loose track of time. I feel a vibrate in my pocket. It's a text from Latte.

"We're on our way. It's a five minute walk there, so you have plenty of time to finish setting up." I reply back with a thumbs up emoji and wait patiently.

Five minutes later, I spot something floating in the distance. A black velvet dress, with mesh for the sleeves, making dotted and spiral patterns on the mesh. Mesh gloved hands holding a styled umbrella with a bat at the end of the handle. Wedged black heels with straps and white silky socks. They look at me with such grace, and a mesmerizing soft smile.

  "Hello, love." They spoke.
———
1,115 words.