Chapter 13.

"ARE YOU GOING to tell me about the supernatural jazz yet?" I press.

Brian, Adrianne, Ian and I sat at different places in Ian's hospital room. The elevator conversation after Brian came back had finally come to an end and I was desperate to fill in the weird gaps in my knowledge, the most important one being how is Ian a wolf?

"Ian is a human," Adrianne began, tense as if worried I'd explode at the fact. When I gave no reaction, "however he is unlike an ordinary human: he can shift into a wolf. That makes him a wolf shifter."

Again, she checks to see if I'm mentally stable to continue the story.

"The rest of the wolves in the pack are also shifters, as well as the other pack at Polar Park. Although on the outside the park looks like a tourist destination, its real reason for existence is to provide the wolf shifters with a safe environment to live in. As such, Polar Park is actually called the Protection Of the Living Animals of Radiance.

"Why Radiance?" I question.

"Flynn's wolf pack was the original one at Polar Park. Their pack is named Wilde Radiance, with an 'e' after the 'Wild'."

I nod for Adrianne to continue. "There are other wolf shifters in the world, but Wilde Radiance is the closest to the Empress. She is the one to give wolves life and bless worthy humans with a four-legged warrior counterpart. As I just mentioned, the Empress favoured Fynn, James, Liam, Jesse and Blaze, blessing them with special talents, skills and powers never seen before in a wolf."

A question still nagged at me, a question I had from the day I was marked by my pack.

"Ours."

Yes, the wolves are ours. We belong to the wolves, and they belong to us.

"We suspect you also have wolf blood, drawing them to you. There are other female wolves, but they told me your scent was different. Special and unique."

"They told you? That means you have to be..."

"Yes, I am also a wolf shifter. However, I am not in their pack. I am a sigma, equivalent to alpha in terms of hierarchy, but I'm a separate entity."

"Don't let Fynn hear you say you're as powerful as him," Ian laughs, "he might just blow a fuse."

Hang on, Adrianne said I have wolf blood? Wolf blood!

"I have wolf blood!" I echoed like a deranged lunatic.

Adrianne excitedly nods while I see Brian giving me a particularly nasty scowl in my peripherals. Eh, think later.

"Indeed! What's interested us all is if you have a wolf inside you, how someone's managed to keep her locked up all these years. Whether that was by another supernatural creature, your parents or the Empress, it's unknown. Just that doing so has never been documented in the past."

My eyes were impossibly wide. "So, you're saying I'm a half-wolf never-seen-before unicorn?"

Ian's shoulders and eyebrows scrunched up, "well, I wouldn't say you're a half-wolf unicorn, more like a wolf-shifter unicorn."

***

A/N:

I'm sorry this chapter is so short, but at least we got some info out of it! I'll have to start pre-writing out more chapters cause I've been busy so I haven't gotten around to writing.

I finished reading Ace, I'm so sad.

QOTC: Something that happened this week?
At school, I had to take some photos for a leadership position (which would be displayed somewhere). My friend and I had a plan for me (5'10) to jump on to her (5'7ish) back...  you see where this is going. I fell over and hit my head on the table - now the back of my head's bruised.

-Hilda

Chapter 14: 4June2022