Chapter 1

Hawkins, Indiana 1986

Jen's p.o.v.

I was working at the movie store when Dustin and Max ran in. Since there were a few customers in the store, I left Steve and Robin to deal with them while I helped the customers.

After they all left, I went up to the group.

"Wait, who are you looking for again?" I ask Dustin. "Eddie," Dustin replies, looking at the computer. "Munson? From your club?" I ask as I remember him from school. "Precisely."

"Found him," Robin says. "Eddie?" I ask. "Rick." She replies.

"Who's-" I begin, but am interrupted by everyone yelling "Let's go". 

"I'm way too sleep-deprived for this," I mumble as I follow after them.

*At some Rick dude's house*

We arrive at a small house in the woods. In the dark. Looking for a suspect in a murder. Lovely.

Steve and Dustin enter the house and start yelling for Eddie. Robin, Max and I look around.

"Will you stop hitting it?" Dustin tells Steve when he starts hitting something with an oar. "Why don't you just take the tarp off?" Dustin asks as I walk over to them.

I reach out and start to take off the tarp when suddenly, a guy jumps out and pushes me against the wall with a broken bottle pointed at my neck.

"Woah, Woah, Woah! Eddie, it's me. It's Dustin! Don't hurt her. She's a friend!" Dustin yells.

"Yeah, I mean you no harm. We're in the same English class," I say with my hands up in surrender.

"We're here to help," Robin adds.

Eddie slowly steps away from me and lowers the broken bottle. He slowly looks off into space as he slides down to the floor.

"What happened?" Dustin asks Eddie, slowly walking over to him.

"It doesn't matter. You're not going to believe me," he replies quietly.

"Oh, we will. Trust me," Dustin says as he looks back at us.

Eddie looked sceptical but still started explaining. "She was in my trailer to buy some... stuff, and I left for a second. When I came back, her eyes rolled back, and she started floating. And that's where she died. On the ceiling."

"Look, I know how it sounds. It's crazy," he added, looking up at us. "No, it's not. I mean, it's crazy, but we believe you," I try to convince Eddie.

"She's right. We believe you," Dustin joined in. "Yeah, right," Eddie shook his head.

"We believe you because we've been through some weird stuff too. Do you know when people say that Hawkins is cursed? Well, they're not way off..." Dustin explains. "There's another dimension. Underneath ours. And some monsters came from that dimension."

"We got rid of them, but if they came back again. We need to know," Max says.

"Did you see anything? Like smoke or shadows or something?" I ask.

"No, no, there wasn't anything you could see or touch," Eddie begins. "It was as if she was in a trance."

"Like a spell," Dustin realises.

"A spell caster," Eddie adds.

"Vecna."

_______________________

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to read this. I know this chapter might be a bit boring, but I needed an intro to the storyline.

The next chapter will have more Eddie and Jen interaction.