Chapter 7

"Jen?" I hear Nancy say as she walks out of the house. Eddie and I pull away and turn to her.

"Oh," she says with a slight smile. "Anyway, are you okay? I ran over here and I didn't see that you weren't behind me. I'm sorry," she apologizes.

"Oh, it's okay. I just tripped," I say trying to not get distracted by Eddie smiling and rubbing his lips with his thumb.

"Guys!" We all turn to Steve. "It's Dustin! I can hear him! Come on!" He yells as he runs back into the house. 

"After you," Eddie says as we get to the doorway.

"DUSTIN! DUSTIN!" Steve yells as we go into the house. We all look at him with confused expressions. "Listen!" He tells us and we go quiet.

Sure enough, we hear Dustin's faint voice. 

"Can we reach him somehow?" I ask. "The lights!" Nancy realizes. "When Will went missing, his mom said he talked to her through the lights," she explained.

We all reach toward the ceiling lamp. It started to shine brighter. "Does anyone know morse code?" Nancy asks looking at us. 

"Does SOS count? Because that's all I know," Eddie speaks up.

Eddie manages to get Dustin's attention as they find a better way to communicate.

"Okay let's try this. Lucas, kill the power!" Dustin tells Lucas. "Okay, are you all alive?" We hear Dustin's faint voice. 

I sit down and trace Y E S.

"Okay, okay. Good. Why did you go through the watergate?"  Dustin asks us. 

I look back at the group when I hear the name and trace D R A G G E D.

"Oh shit. Can you go back through it?"

"How do I put it?" I ask the others. "Say that it's guarded," Nancy suggests.

I trace G U A R D E D.

"We figured out that that there is a gate everywhere that Vecna killed."

I look back at the group. "Which is the closest one?" I ask them. "My place, probably," Eddie replies.

I turn back to the light board and trace E D D I E ' S.

"Are we walking there?" Eddie asks as we leave the room. "I have bikes," Nancy says and we all walk to the garage.

"Three bikes?" I ask when I look around the garage. "Yeah, my dad doesn't have one. You can take Mike's bike and share it with Eddie. It has pegs," she suggests with a hint of a smile.

"Works for me. All that running isn't helping the wound. Assuming it's alright with you," I say as I turn to Eddie.

"Not a problem," he smiles and sits down on the bike. I stand on the pegs and put my hands on his shoulders as we all get moving.

After a long ride, we get to Eddie's place.

We see the portal that has a bright red color.

Suddenly, something goes through it and a hole opens up. "What the..." I say as we come closer and see Dustin, Lucas, and Erica.

They bring out a mattress and a rope made out of sheets. Steve volunteers to go first in case something bad happens while crossing the dimensions. 

While Nancy is climbing out I hear something behind me and quickly turn around. Not seeing anything there, I turn back but instead of Eddie, I see nothing but that damn clock.

Shit.

__________________

Thank you for reading!

As you can probably tell, I caught up to where Vol. 1 ended so I'm gonna have to use my imagination and come up with the rest of the storyline.

I'll try to piece some stuff together from the teaser. Hopefully, it works out well.

Update coming soon.