Chapter 9

As I pull away from Eddie I go to the edge of the roof in a hurry. "Woah, Woah, careful," Eddie says as he grabs my waist to keep me from tripping.

We both get down from the roof and start heading towards the gate with Steve beside us. "What's going on?" Steve asks as we get to the rope. "I'll explain when we get out of here," I say and start climbing the rope.

Once we all safely go back to our dimension the other group members give me quick hugs before I started to explain. 

"Vecna showed me everything. He is Henry, Victor's son. He killed his family and then the people that took El, took him as well. He was number 1," I explain taking deep breaths. Eddie notices and stands next to me, slightly rubbing my back.

"Another thing, he's in his old house, just like you told me, he's surrounded by those bats. And he really, and I mean really, hates people," I finish.

"So what's our plan?" Robin asks. "I do have my guns at home in this dimension," Nancy replies.

"Oh yeah, about that. Police are at your house," Dustin says looking over at Nancy. "What? Why?" Nancy asks surprised.

"Well... That douche Justin found our Hellfire club photo and has convinced everyone we are a cult and that Eddie is possessed or something," Dustin states casually.  We all look at him with shocked expressions. 

"We could sneak in through Nancy's window," Steve suggests and we all turn to him. He smiles awkwardly and we head out to the Wheeler's home. 

"So those bats. Are they like little Demogorgons with wings? They're Demo-bats!" Dustin exclaims before I can even answer. "Um, sure we can call them that I guess," I reply as he speeds up to catch up to Lucas and tell him about the new species.

Eddie laughs and comes closer to you. "So, he names every other dimension being you encounter?"  He asks with an amused smile. "Basically," I smile as well.

"Are you okay? Honestly?" Eddie asks me. "For the time being. You know, I saw my dad there. Well, it was Vecna pretending to be him or something." "Chief Hopper? How?" Eddie wonders and I shrug. 

"You remembered my favourite song," I say with a smile after a moment of silence. "It's a great song," he replies.

"Thanks for saving me. Again." "Yeah, it seems like I've been doing that a lot lately," Eddie says with a laugh.

He turns around so that he's facing me and starts walking backward. "You could thank me by going on a date with me," he says, his smile turning into a smirk. "What do you say to that?"

"I say that once Vecna is gone, absolutely."

Once we reach Nancy's house, Steve prepares to climb up to the window. "If you can, go to Mike's room. He has a bat and a cassette tape that has Jen's favourite song," Nancy mentions to Steve and he nods.

While we're waiting Eddie turns to me.

"We're gonna have to go back there aren't we?"

"Unfortunately."

____________________

Thank you for reading!

And thank you for 10k reads! I didn't expect people to like this book, so thank you.

Update coming soon.