Chapter 3

The voice is getting louder and I'm getting more worried.

Eddie's p.o.v.

I quickly took the walkie and started heading back to Jen. Knowing what I know now, I'm very worried to leave her alone out there.

As I come closer I see her slightly shaking, her eyes rolled back. "No, no no!" I shout as I run up to her and start shaking her. She doesn't react so I quickly take out the walkie and try to reach Dustin.

"Dustin are you there?! Henderson!" I yell but I get no reply. I run up to Jen and start shaking her again.

Back to Jen's p.o.v.

"JEN WAKE UP!" Eddie shouts shaking me.

Suddenly, I'm pulled out of my trance.

I lose my balance, but Eddie catches me before I fall. "You're okay. Thank god you're okay," he says as he hugs me. "I thought you- I was really worried," he adds still hugging me. I'm still a bit disoriented, but I hug back.

"What happened?" Eddie asks while pulling away. "I- I don't know. There was this clock in the middle of the woods and I heard someone calling my name," I explain.

"Eddie, are you there? Jen? Where are you guys? We're at the house!" We hear Dustin yell from the walkie. 

"Henderson! We're at Skull rock! Do you know it?" Eddie answers them. "Yeah, yeah we're coming," Dustin replies. "Hurry up, please! Some weird shit is happening out here," Eddie says looking back at me.

"You okay?" Eddie asks putting a hand on my shoulder. "Bones are still intact. So for now, I'd say yes,"  I reply looking around in hopes of not seeing any more clocks.

We both sit down somewhere on the rock. "You know, Dustin asked me to join your club the other day. Said they were missing a member," I start looking at Eddie. "Yeah, people find it weird that we still play D&D," he replies looking at the trees. "Oh no, I don't find it weird. Actually, it sounds quite interesting, but Dustin said that campaign is very important and I have no clue how that game works,"  I say with a chuckle.

Eddie turns to look at me again. "I could teach you someday. If you want," he says with a smile. I hold eye contact with him and smile back. "I'd love that. That is if I'm alive in a few days," I reply.

He hits my shoulder with his and chuckles. "Don't say that, you're gonna be fine."

We both sit in silence for a few seconds when we hear arguing.

"See! I told you it's here. You and your compass are wrong," I recognize Steve's voice. "What? That's not right," Dustin replies as they come closer to the rock.

Eddie jumps down from the rock and holds out his hand to help you down as well. "You're okay! We thought you two were goners," Dustin says as he hugs us one by one. "Yeah, us too," Eddie replies. 

"What happened? Eddie said that something was happening here," Steve asks us. "Well I left Jen for a minute and when I came back she was in a trance," Eddie explains. "Yeah, and I didn't even know it. I just saw a tall clock and heard a voice," I add.

Everybody looks around worried. "Wait, that's exactly how it started for me," Max joins in, taking off her headphones. Eddie and I look at each other confused.

"Okay, we need to catch you two up," Dustin tells us.

___________________

Thanks for reading.

Update coming soon.