Chapter 6

We were walking toward Nancy's house when I saw those damn bats again. "Guys. We should definitely run!" I yell and everybody turns around and sees what I see. 

"Good idea," Eddie comments as we all start sprinting through the forest. 

It's dark and there are trees everywhere so of course Nancy and I get separated from the boys.

A few of the creatures were heading straight for us so we had to turn in another direction in order to find someplace to hide. 

We find some rocks and trees that we could hide behind and we waited. A few minutes pass and we hear them flying somewhere above the trees.

"You think it's clear?" I whisper to Nancy. "Well, the sooner we get to the guns, the better. Let's go," she says as she starts running again. "Totally, let's run more! It's not like I just got bit in the leg!" I complain as I run off after her.

What felt like an eternity later, we saw Nancy's house in the distance. 

"Shit!" I yell as I fall down because of sudden pain in my leg. Today is really not my day.

Finally, I come closer to the house that Nancy ran into a couple of minutes ago.

"Jen!" Eddie yells while standing near the entrance. 

He starts jogging toward me. "Hey, sorry it took me a while to-" I'm interrupted by Eddie putting his hands on my face and kissing me. I'm shocked for a second, but I put my hands around his neck and kiss back. 

Holy shit I'm kissing Eddie Munson...

Once we start running out of air, he pulls away. "Please, for the sake of my sanity, stop making me think you're gonna die," he says with his hands still on my face. I chuckle and look back up at him. "I just have bad luck."

"Well, I guess I'll have to stick around and make sure it doesn't get you killed," he says with a smile. 

"And next time, don't wait until another near-death experience to kiss me," I say replicating his smile.

"Bet," Eddie says as he leans in to kiss me once again.

____________________

Thank you for reading!

Okay, IT HAPPENED. I hope you liked it. I kept thinking about when to make this moment happen, but I didn't want to keep you waiting too long.

Update coming soon.