CHAPTER FOUR - TEAMING UP

Eddie paces, his shoes scraping against the floor as the news women appears on the news yet again

"As you can see behind me, Chief Powell and the Hawkins Police Department are actively investigating the scene..."

Astoria peaks up at the TV, "God look at all those fakers." Eddie turns towards her at the sound of her speaking. "Look, that dude's crying, he didn't even know her!" The boy sits down next to her, "Well you know, they haven't released the name yet so he's probably just scared."

She rolls her eyes. Maybe she was being insensitive, but she didn't want anyone using Chrissy's name in a basketball speech like Jason Carver did. Or saying that they knew her when they didn't.

The girl swore that she would never let that happen. Jason was Chrissy's boyfriend, but if he even tried to use her name in the way that he used Heather's she would fucking burn him to a crisp.

"People are probably looking for me," Eddie says dully. A glare is sent his way, "You mean us." He groans. 

"No, Astoria, I mean me. I'm the freak, I'm the obvious candidate, but you're the popular cheerleader."  

She scoffs. He has a point, but no way would she admit that.

"Whatever."

-

Flashlights infiltrate the house. Eddie puts a hand on the girl's back, pushing her under the tarp, "Get under, whatever you do, do not come out from under the tarp." 

She blushed a bit at the contact; she prayed that the darkness wouldn't let him see it. 

Astoria would never hear the end of it. 

Giving him a singular determined nod, she climbed underneath. "Rick! Reefer Rick!" Her brows furrowed, that was Dustin's voice.

Astoria wanted to climb out, because she knew that he was friend's with Eddie and was probably trying to help.

But then she remembered what Eddie said: Whatever you do, do not come out from under the tarp. 

A girls voice that she didn't recognise rung out from outside the shed, "Hey, guys?" The torches came closer, glowing through the windows. Shit.

As they entered, she froze. Taking one last gulp of air, she held her breath. "Hello? Is anyone home?"

The wooden floor creaked eerily as more and more people entered the shed. They had a whole gang of people, if they were found, they would be dead. Or in prison.

"What a dump," Someone said, and she heard Eddie scoff quietly. A torch turned off and she heard someone grab something off the wall.

An oar poked near her. "What are you doing? What are you doing?" The mysterious someone replied swiftly, "He might be in here."