CHAPTER TEN - OZZY

"Couldn't we have tried a road, or something just slightly less creepy?"

Venturing to Nancy's house turned out to be a longer hike than the group thought. Nancy turns back for a second to reply, "I think we're getting close, we're almost out of here. Don't worry." Astoria nods and turns back to Eddie.

She gives him a tight-lipped smile, he had been totally freaking out most of the walk, jumping at every stick that cracked. It reminded her of Chrissy. She wouldn't say that out loud though.

Astoria hears Steve call out to Eddie, she was curious as to why, but she found that stopping would kind of be awkward because Steve wasn't calling out to her. So, she continued her hike.

"Eddie. Listen, I just wanted to say thanks," Steve says as Eddie slows down his pace a bit, allowing Steve to catch up. The boy looks at him for clarification as to what the Harrington boy was thanking him for. "For saving my ass back there."

The boy glances at him with disbelief, "Shit. You saved your own ass man." He looks forward to check on Astoria, then turns backs to Steve. "I mean that was a real Ozzy move you pulled back there." 

Steve looks up at him in confusion, "Ozzy?" "When you took a bite out of that bat," He smiles It fades a bit when he realises Steve doesn't know who and what he's talking about. "Ozzy Osborne? Black Sabbath?"

The young adult focuses himself with looking through the bushes with his torch, not really wanting to talk about how he didn't know a band that Eddie was most certainly very passionate about. 

"He bit a bat's head off onstage." "I don't--" 

"You know? Doesn't matter." "No."

 "It's very metal, what you did, that's all I'm saying," Eddie explains. "Thanks," Steve says, he didn't know whether to take it as a compliment or not. The conversation was getting forced, but Eddie didn't seem to take the hint. 

Eddie puts his hands in his pockets. "Henderson told me you were a badass. Insisted on the matter, in fact." "Wait, Henderson said that?" Steve says in a way where he's unsure  on whether to be flattered or not. 

Henderson did not  treat Steve like he was a badass. At least, not to his face? "Oh yeah, shit. Kid worships you, dude. You have no idea, it's kind of annoying, to be honest." Steve scoffs, smiling a little bit. 

"I don't even know why I care what that little shrimp thinks. But, uh, I guess I got a little jealous, Steve." The young adult looks at him for a moment, waiting for him to continue. "I guess I couldn't accept the fact that Steve Harrington was actually a good dude."

They continue walking, dead, skeleton leaves scraping at their shoes. "Rich parents, popular, chicks love him. Not a douche? No way man. That, like, flies in the face of all the laws in universe, and my own personal Munson doctrine."

Steve looks around again with his flashlight, trying to avoid the whole 'I'm surprised you have morals' conversation that he tends to get a lot when people discover more about him. He blinks, a little offended that people think that he's like that, as if it's a natural response.

Just one look at him and, BAM! They all think you're a douche. "Still super jealous as hell, by the way," Eddie clarifies, coming closer to Steve's face. Protectively, Steve holds up an arm, scoffing.

"Which is why I would never jump in that lake to save your ass. Not under any normal circumstances," he says, looking around warily. A branch snaps. There's growling in the distance; they both stop walking and turn towards the sound. "Nope, outside of D&D, I am no hero. I see danger and I just turn heel and run." 

Or feelings, he wants to add, but feels right now isn't the right time. That, and he doesn't know Steve that well to share strong feelings like those. "Or, that's what I've learnt about myself this week," Eddie says grimly.

"Give yourself a break man," Steve says, hitting his arm softly. "See?" Eddie points to the girls ahead of them. "The only reason was 'cause those ladies came in straight after you."

Steve looks at Nancy. "Now I was too ashamed to be the one who stayed behind. But Wheeler right there, she didn't waste a second. Not one second, she just dove right in." 

Laughing softly, Steve says, "Man, that's not the only reason you dove after them and you know it. Let me guess, as soon as Astoria jumped in, you did?" Eddie looks down with realisation. Steve clicks his fingers, "Knew it."

Eddie holds the back of his hand to Steve chest, causing him to stop walking. "I don't know what happened between Wheeler and you, but if I were you, I would get her back. 'Cause that, was one unambiguous sign of true love as these cynical eyes have seen." 

Nervous, Steve says, "I could say the same about you and Jones. But you'd deny that, wouldn't you." The two go quiet, and continue walking. Both thinking about almost the exact same thing.

A loud rumbling booms through the ground again. Everyone loses their balance, grabbing onto whatever they can to help them not fall onto the ground. "Here we go again."

In front of them, Robin shouts, "Okay, 2nd on my list of least favorite things: Earthquakes. Seriously, I'm unsteady enough as it is!" As the earthquake rumbles on, Nancy charges forward.

Robins yells after her, asking where she's going, but the girl ignores her. The rest of the group eventually catches up with her, stopping to see what she's looking at. It's her house.

"Come on."

-

[A/N]

Kind of a filler I'm so sorry and it was rlly short too but Eddie is one step closer to telling Astoria how he feels, so yay for that!

2 more chapters tomorrow, I have to go to bed and pack so I would've made it longer but i just wanted to get the walking part of this book over with bc god knows those ppls feet hurt.

SORRY FOR THE SHORT CHAPTER, AGAIN

PLEASE REMEMBER TO FOLLOW (YOU GET UPDATES ON WHEN IM UPLOADING CHAPTERS, VOTE, COMMENT (I ENJOY TO SEE YOU ALL INTERACT IT WITH ME AND OTHER PPL MAKES MY DAY<3), ADD TO UR READING LISTS SHARE WITH FREIDNS PLS 

imso fuckingtired I RUSHED THIS SO LMK IF I MADE ANY MISTAKES

-eustelia

words: 1113

--------------

--------------