3- Lullaby*

Listen to Lullaby by The Cure while reading (I know the song came out in 1989 but it fits the vibe) also there is no Eddie in this chapter cause everything is about to go down.

   Drew woke up late the next morning. She just now realized she forgot to call Robin and tell her what happened. She headed straight to her bathroom and began to brush her teeth. Since it was spring break Drew didn't bother brushing her currently very wild curly hair. She settled on just putting her hair in two braids. She turned the sink on the coldest setting it could get and softly splashed some on her face. She looked in the mirror in front of her. Her dark green eyes were focused on the small scar above her eyebrow. Her cold fingers slowly traced the indent in her skin. She let out a deep breath, that scar has been with her for a while but she never knew how it had even gotten on her face.

  Drew had made her way back into her bedroom, and grabbed her favourite The Cure shirt and a pair of medium wash jeans. Drew peeled off her white sleep shirt making sure to face the other way of her various Joan Jett and The cure posters hung up on her walls so it wouldn't feel like a bunch of people are staring at her boobs. She quickly threw on her clothes including her black converse. She picked up the white phone in her room and dialled Robin's number but it went straight to voicemail. Drew looked at the clock on her nightstand and realized she's at work right now.

She very lazily threw her sage green duvet over her bed and walked out into the living room.

"Many of the residents we spoke to voiced similar concerns to us. grief, shock, disbelief, anger." The news report on the tv stated, that Dustin and their mom watched the tv intently shock on their face. "Everyone wants to know the same thing, how can so many tragedies befall a once-peaceful town? All eyes are on the police for answers."

"Is the new chief of police, Powell in over his head? Or is the very saviour this town needs?" The news reporter questioned but then continued with "we'll be here the rest of the day right here on channel nine, where we'll keep you posted on all the latest developments. In the meantime, we recommend you keep your doors and windows locked tight."

Their mom sat with their cat in her arms giving it kisses on top of its head, Dustin grabbed the remote and turned off the tv. Drew walked over to the kitchen pulling out a bottle of water from the fridge.

"My heart can't take it anymore. It just can't take it." Their mom said in a somber tone. The doorbell rang and both Drew and Dustin ran over to open the door.

  Dustin opened the door to reveal a red-headed Max standing outside the door wearing a blue sweater. "Max, what are you doing here?" Drew asked her eyebrows raising slightly.

  "We need to talk," Max whispered as she walked inside. "Now."

  The three of them walked into Dustin's room making sure to close and lock the door behind them. Max told them all about how Chrissy Cunningham and Eddie were together last night. Max explained to them how the murder happened at Eddie's place and then he ran away. She told them how the police showed up the next morning and her seeing Chrissy's dead body on the floor, mutilated.

"Chrissy Cunningham?" Dustin asked very confusedly. "You're sure it was Chrissy?"

"Yes, in her cheerleading outfit." Max admitted as she picked at her fingernails "the same thing she was in when I saw her with Eddie."

"This is insane." Drew muttered.

"Did you tell all this to the cops?" Dustin asked as he paced around the room.

"No" Max stammered "No-But I- I can't be the only one who saw them together I mean they stood out."

"Eddie the freak with Chrissy the cheerleader?" Dustin questioned with her eyebrows raised.

"Exactly. You know his name's not in the news or anything yet." Max said trying to make Dustin feel a bit better but then crushing that and saying "but I guarantee Eddie is the number one suspect."

"Oh god," Drew said slowly rubbing her forehead.

"That's crazy." Dustin called out irritated "Eddie didn't do this. No way."

"Dustin I mean- look at all the evidence they were seen together-" Drew began to say

"No way," Dustin repeated interrupting Drew and making her bite the inside of her cheek to prevent her from saying anything else.

"Well, we can't rule it out." Max retorted.

"Yes, we can," Dustin said assertively.

"Dustin." Max objected.

"You don't know him like I do Max," Dustin argued. "Okay? When we all go to the same high school, Lucas made all of his sports friends. Mike and me? I mean no one was nice to us. No one except Eddie."

"Okay, well they said the same shit about Ted Bundy," Max argued back. "Yeah he's like uh a super nice guy, but then he's murdering women on the weekends." Drew cringed.

Dustin's face scrunched up and said "So your saying Eddie is like Ted Bundy?"

"No, I'm not saying- I'm saying we can't presume anything, okay?" Max quickly said. "But it doesn't look good for Eddie." Dustin dramatically plopped down onto his bed next to Drew.

Max let out a sigh and Dustin asked "why haven't you told the cops this?"

"I- I don't know." Max stammered.

"You don't know?" Drew asked pressing max for an answer. Max walked over to the bed and sat down next to Drew.

Max let out a long sigh and said, " after I saw Eddie and Chrissy go in the trailer, something else happened." And Max went on to tell them about her tv starting to act up and all the lights in her house going crazy. Then proceeded to tell them how Eddie screamed and then left. "Nothing that weird or anything. I mean Eddie always drives like a maniac, and the power goes off at my place all the time. It's a piece of shit. But this morning I started to think back, and I don't know the look on his face, he was scared. Scared. Maybe he was scared because you know he just killed someone, or maybe um I don't know-"

"Something else killed her," Drew muttered. "You know yesterday when I came into hellfire club late with a bloody nose I- I was in the upside-down for a few minutes. I don't know how I even got there but I was."

"But that's impossible, right? El closed the upside down."Max asked.

"I don't know," Dustin whispered. "It should be, there is only one person who knows what happened."

"Eddie," Max said.

All three of them made their way out of the house as Drew picked up her car keys from the coffee table.

"Have you told anyone else?" Dustin asked Max.

"No, I can't find Lucas or Nancy, and Mike's in-" Max responded.

"And Mikes in California, shit, shit, shit." Dustin finished for max.

"Where are you going?" Their mom asked them very concerned.

"To see a friend," Dustin said quickly before they all left.

"You heard the news it's not safe!" Their mom argued. Drew walked up to her mom and kissed her cheek before leaving the house.

Dustin responded "Thanks. Love you. Bye."

They all got in Drew's car and quickly drove to the family video.