9- bleed the freak*

Both Eddie and Drew were in a panic. Eddie ran over to where he left his walkie-talkie and picked it up.

"Hey Dustin, you there?" Eddie asked into the walkie-talkie. "It's Eddie you remember me right? Hey uh if anyone's there I think we might be in a little bit of trouble here okay? Wheeler? Anybody?" When he got no response, he began to pace around the boat house; slightly peeking his head in the window to see where Jason and the rest of the basketball players went. They were all in the house, most likely tearing it apart.

"Eddie," Drew said while grabbing his hand. "Sit down, if you keep panicking they will find us." Eddie submissively sat down beside Drew. His face was pale and his heart was racing.

   "I'm so dead," Eddie muttered, gripping Drew's hand.

  "No you aren't," Drew responded. "I think you forgot I have powers?"

  "Yeah... but I'm just scared." He whispered.

   "It will all be okay," Drew said wrapping her arms around his shoulders.

  The next hour was dreadful. Both Eddie and Drew were nervously looking out the window every so often but they never left. The sunset and both of them were growing impatient. Eddie kept trying to get Dustin or anyones attention, but of course he got nothing.

   "Dustin?" Eddie tried again on the walkie-talkie, "please, are you there?"

   "Eddie just leaves with the boat and I'll hold them off," Drew said, standing up and walking towards the door.

  "Never mind," Eddie said before closing the antenna on the walkie-talkie. He got into the boat and tried to turn on the engine, instead of trying again he grabbed the oar Steve tried to kill him with and paddled away.

  Drew stood in front of the door waiting for Jason to come. She was nervous, the sound of the crickets outside was getting louder and louder by the second. She heard a twig snap outside and a familiar masculine voice.  She looked behind her to make sure Eddie was far enough out and dived into the water. She didn't bother looking back to see if they were chasing after her or if they were even there; she just kept swimming as her life depended on it.

  "Hey, freak!" Jason yelled out to Eddie. "Where do you think you're going."

  "Shit," Eddie mumbled as he tried to start the boat engine.

  "Eddie just use the paddles," Drew told him but he didn't listen. Drew kept swimming hoping Eddie would do the same.

  "Just come on." Eddie yelled as he continued to try to start the engine "you piece of shit! Cmon you gotta get me outta here man."

"Eddie just go," Drew yelled but he still wouldn't listen. She was getting more and more irritated each time Eddie would ignore what she was saying. Fuck she thought to herself. She was trying to signal to Eddie to keep going but he wouldn't.

Jason and his friend ran into the water after Eddie.

"Cmon you piece of shit! Goddamn it." He yelled again. "Nope okay." As he went back to paddling the boat. Finally Drew thought, she stopped swimming to let Eddie catch-up but she couldn't stay still for long since Jason was still chasing after them. Drew was further out than Eddie but he soon caught up with Jason and his friend behind him.

Suddenly Jason's friend stopped, and so did he. Drew looked over her shoulder to see what was happening.

"Hey, Patrick. Patrick!" Jason called out to his friend who didn't respond. His friend seemed to be in a trance, one that was familiar to Drew but she couldn't quite place it."Patrick?"

  Eddie and Drew stopped swimming after his friend was pulled under the water. Then all of a sudden his friend's body was pulled out of the water and into the air. Eddie fell into the water after that and started swimming. Drew couldn't keep going. She watched as Patrick's bones twisted and broke. His jaw broke also and his eyes were sucked out of his head. She felt sick. She couldn't even imagine how Eddie felt watching both Chrissy and Patrick die in the same gruesome way. She turned away and the two started to swim. As Drew and Eddie swam to the other side of the lake Jason was dragging his friend's dead body to the shore. The police showed up shortly after and took Jason into questioning.

"Where was Eddie when it happened?" Sheriff Powell asked, holding a notebook in one hand and a pen in the other.

"Wait, what?" Jason asked, still in shock at what happened. He was confused when he looked around Reefer Rick's dining room. It was like he hallucinated the whole thing. He took off the towel he didn't remember having around him.

"Eddie. Where was Eddie when you saw this?" Sheriff Powell asked him again.

"He.. he was in the boat like I said and there was a girl with him but I didn't see her face... I think she was trying to get away from him, she just kept going." Jason responded.

"Right," Powell said while nodding his head. It was obvious the two officers didn't believe him but they tried not to show it.

"But then...uh who lifted Patrick out of the water?" Officer Callahan asked, clicking his pen.

"What? You're not listening to me. Why aren't you listening to me?" Jason asked, getting very angry.

"We are listening to you." Sheriff Powell said.

   "No, you're not. No, you're not. Eddie, he's- Eddie is a vessel. Just a vessel." Jason muttered.

  "A vessel?" Powell questioned.

  "For satan, he made a pact with the devil and now he has his powers," Jason responded. "You don't believe me."

  "We're just uh... processing all of this, that's all. Okay?" Powell said while the other officer behind him started to write things down in his small notebook.

   "Yeah." Officer Callahan added.

   "How do you expect to stop the devil if you don't believe he's real?" Jason questioned them but they still looked at him with long faces.

  Luckily Eddie and Drew were able to escape before the police had even arrived.