16- brain damage/eclipse*

"Check this out." Eddie placed a newspaper on the table in the kitchen. "The war zone, I've been there once it's huge. They got everything you need for uh.. well killing things, basically."

   "You think fake Rambo has enough guns in there?" Robin asked. "Is that a grenade? I mean, how is any of this legal?"

   "Well lucky for us it is," Eddie said. "This place is just far enough outside of Hawkins as long as we steer clear of main roads, we oughta be able to avoid cops and, uh, angry hicks."

  "If we're trying to avoid angry hicks, maybe we shouldn't go to some store called the war zone," Erica suggested.

   "Normally I would agree but we need the weapons so I think it's worth the risk." Nancy crossed her arms.

   "Me too," Lucas agreed.

   "But is it worth the time?" Dustin asked. "It'll take all day to bike there and back."

  "Who said anything about bikes?" Eddie asked.

   "You got some car we don't know about?" Steve questioned.

   "It's not exactly a car Steve," Eddie responded. "And it's not exactly mine, but uh.. it will do." Eddie turned to Max. "Hey uh, red you gotta ski mask or a bandana, something like that?"

  Max raised her eyebrows in response. She went into her bedroom and a few moments later came out with a Micheal Myers mask. Eddie put on the mask without a second thought and the group left Max's place. They all waited until Eddie gave them a signal to start running towards the RV that was parked a few trailers down. They ran to the opposite side where the owners were sitting listening to the radio. Eddie opened the furthest window down and climbed in. One by one they all climbed into the RV. Steve, Robin and Eddie went to the front to start it. Max and Drew stayed at the back. Dustin tossed a small black book bag at Drew.

"I brought you a change of clothes too," Dustin said as he sat down next to her.

"Thanks." She whispered. The engine started, and Eddie ran and sat on top of the kitchen counter.

"Everyone hang on to something!" Steve yelled as he started to drive away. The owners started banging on the doors and windows screaming that they leave.

"Drive! Steve drive!" Dustin screamed.

"Go!" Robin yelled. Steve pushed on the gas and everyone jerked back.

"Go go go go," Lucas screamed.

"Shit they looked pissed." Dustin looked back at the angry old man and lady.

"It's not every day you lose your house and car in one fell swoop," Robin joked.

"Hold on!" Steve made a sharp turn, making Dustin and Drew hit each other's heads. Once they got on the road Steve stopped driving erratically and slowed down a bit. Drew opened her bag and pulled out her Walkman and The Dark Side of the Moon cassette. She put the cassette into the player started it and put the headphones over her ears. She zoned out the rest of the way to war zone. Once they got there Eddie, Dustin and Drew stayed in the car while the rest of them went into the store.

"I gotta piss," Dustin said shortly after they all left. He and Lucas left quickly, they heard him running over to the trees on the other side of the RV. Drew was absent mindlessly staring out the window closest to the building while Brain Damage by Pink Floyd played through her Walkman.

"What are you listening to?" Eddie asked as he sat down extremely close to her. Before she could answer Eddie picked up her Walkman and took out the cassette. "Pink Floyd? Ew, I didn't think anyone listened to that garbage."