6

That night went by, Steven and y/n we're talking about them being avatars and helping Steven cope with him being an avatar.
They were out walking around the town and then they run in Author Harrow.
y/n is on defense but Steven is just scared and then konshu appears just standing there and Steven looks up a little scared and Author says "you can see him can't you? That's a privilege I no longer have" and konshu says "KILL HIM! BREAK HIS WINDPIPE!" Steven starts to stutter and y/n says "Author if you know what's best for you, you should probably leave us alone" and Author whispers to Steven " just remember you don't have to do everything he asks" but konshu disappears and the wind starts to blow due to Khonshu.
Author says "that's all he can do without your help" and puts his hand on Stevens shoulder.
Y/n says " get your hands off of him NOW!" Author starts laughing saying "darlin, he don't care about you. He can barely take care of himself. He can't even protect himself how do you expect him to protect you? You shouldn't be protecting him-" Marc cuts him off saying "oh trust me bud, I can fend for myself and if you lay one finger on her I will kill you and that's a promise" and stares deep into his eyes.
Y/n is just smirking knowing that isn't her Steven but Marc whom she hasn't met yet.
Author lured him into a old building because Steven is now fronting.
He continues to talk bad about konshu and y/n says "Konshu doesn't go around killing innocent people"
Author says "he manipulates you into thinking that, but all along he's killing people just like Ammit but she stops it before the bad happens" and everyone hears a loud clang and Steven and Y/n look up and see Konshu standing on a ledge in the building they are in and Author says "he often throws temper tantrums like a 2 year old. None of the gods respect him" y/n cuts in saying "Nut does" and smirks because Nut is standing right next to Konshu.
Konshu says "I only punish those who have already done wrong! I am the real justice" and Author says "what's he saying now? Oh you don't know? I was once the fist of vengeance" Steven steps up saying "I am not the fist of anything. That's the American living inside of me." Layla walks in holding the scarab (y/n and Steven met her earlier in the day on their walk) Author stands up holding his hand out saying " you couldn't possibly understand the value of what you're holding. Let me have that and I'll keep it safe"
Konshu speaks up saying "there is no deal in this Marc! Fix this! Fix this!" Standing behind him and y/n with Nut right behind her as well.
Marc then shows up turning into Moon Knight and y/n turns into Starlight fighting off Authors men but he eventually somehow gets the scarab from Layla.
Marc's eyes roll back and so does y/n's and they land in the middle of the road.
Marc exiting the suit alongside y/n.
Konshu says from afar "you swore you wouldn't interfere" Marc says "I know, I'll handle it" he pops up in front of them and y/n says " Konshu, he was protecting Layla and myself. What was wrong about that?" Konshu says "that wasn't the deal. I'm not speaking with you" Marc says "woah woah woah woah don't talk to her like that Konshu".
Konshu says "you've proven you can't handle it" y/n says " we'll find the scarab Konshu" rolling her eyes.
Konshu says "Its too late, Harrow has it now" Marc says "we will find another way Konshu. We'll get to Ammits tomb and do whatever it takes then you'll let me go" Konshu says " I know you enjoy the work I have for you. should we part you may not like my next candidate." Marc and y/n say "where are we going?" And he says "where in the heck do you thing we're going" walking off past them.
Y/n says " Hi, um I know this is a crazy time for us to meet but I'm y/n" smiles softly at Marc. He says "hello I am Marc".
Y/n says "I've heard a lot about you from Steven" and laughs.
He says "I bet you have. You're even more gorgeous in person. I only see you from a mirror. Not that you look bad then it's just... wow you... you're stunning in person" and smiles.
All of a sudden they are back in the building on the second floor and falls. Konshu shouts "SUMMON THE SUIT" and Steven screams " suit!! Suit!!"
And the suit arrives just in time before he hits the ground landing in the famous superhero pose.
Y/n jumps down and says "Steven?? Is that you? Are you okay?" He says "hi... ummm yes love it's me and I'm alright" while he waves. They both chuckle and she hugs him saying "I met Marc" looking at him waiting to see what he had to say and he says "I heard... I didn't... I didn't like him flirting with you. It made me jealous" and turns to look in the mirror and Marc says "uhh Steven, Steven what the heck are we wearing" (sounding annoyed) "I don't know...uh...i....erm he... he said that I needed a suit" shrugging his shoulders meanwhile y/n is watching from aside laughing at Stevens responses.
Marc says "yeah The ceremonial armor from Konshu's temple not psycho Colonel Sanders" "I.. I... I... don... don't know how any of this stuff works, look, I... I.... I...." And sighs "I do look sharp though" while adjusting his tie in the mirror.
y/n rubs a hand down his arm saying "yes, my dear you look quite handsome" smiles up at him.
"Harrow haș the scarab" "o...okay"and feels around his pockets and pulls out two metal bars out of his pockets and says "wha... what I have got poles for?" Completely confused.
Y/n says "hun they are weapons, hun weapons" giggling at Steven. He says "there're pretty cool actually!!" Y/n says " I like those dear!" And all of a sudden he disappears then falls out of the mirror onto the ground. Layla shows up saying " what is going on!?" Y/n says " calm down, lord. Steven are you alright?" Trying to help him up but as soon as he stands up a jackal pops out of no where and grabs a pole and knocks him down. Y/n says " I'm going Nuts!" And her eyes roll back turning into Starlight and fights the jackal with Mr. Knight. He throws him into a car and Layla runs up saying "Steven are you alright!?" Y/n says "back up" and Steven says "get away from me you're going to get hurt" Layla can't see the jackal but he has him in a choke hold on top of a car and y/n runs and kicks him getting him off of Steven. Steven takes off his cost and starts jumping around in a fighting pose saying/singing "float like a butterfly sting like a bee my names Steven with a v" and punches the jackal and y/n runs up to it killing the creature.
They all take s deep breath and y/n says "Marc? Steven?"
Marc says "I know we just kicked that things butt. But would you like to go out when we get this scarab from Harrow and defeat Ammit?" Y/n says "if Steven is alright with it. I don't know how that will work" and laughs.
Marc says " Steven is fine with it" and smirks so y/n says "I'll see you later. Can I see Steven?"
He nods and Steven appears and immediately says "I did not say it was fine for him to date you. We need to all talk about it first" y/n says " I understand but not really cause it's like I'm talking to you but I'm not cause y'all are different people with two different personalities" Steven says "we will figure that part out. Layla might know someone who knows where it might be. I just want all of this to end" and sighs sadly.
Y/n says "I know... I know babe but let's get you back to your flat cause it's been a very long day and we need to get some sleep so we can prepare for this attack on Harrow"
So y/n takes him back to his place and Steven says "will... will you stay with...with me?"  Y/n says "of course Stevie. Anything for you" and climbs on the side of the bed and snuggles up next to him and he says "I hope you don't mind this restraint. I don't want to wonder off in the middle of the night" y/n says "no not at all but please hun try and get some sleep tonight" caressing his cheek.
He caressed her cheek and starts to lean in and y/n fills the gap by kissing him, this time it was more filled with passion and love. After a few minutes of that they break apart panting and Steven says " I love you so much my love. You've helped me so much, I can't be more grateful" and hugs her. Y/n returns his hug and says " Stevie, I will do anything for you. If you need it let me know. I love you too so so so much and I'm grateful I found you" and kisses him again before snuggling back into his side falling fast asleep. Eventually Steven fell asleep with his arms wrappped around y/n's torso with his head nuzzled in the crook of her neck both sleeping peacefully.